Tabs in Edit Your Details

15 years 3 months ago #85466 by mattfaulds
Replied by mattfaulds on topic Re:Tabs in Edit Your Details
Fantastic! I can't wait for that to be ready! Thanks for your post over on Joomla.org by the way. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #96530 by mattfaulds
Replied by mattfaulds on topic Re:Tabs in Edit Your Details
I've finally found how to do what I wanted. This is for all versions of CB.

The privacy plugin only allows you to change what others see, not what the user sees themselves when they go to edit their profile.

I've used ReReplacer to remove the output from CB so that the Portrait tab is never displayed. I could not find any other way to remove the output without breaking CB. I'm sure there must be a way but I couldn't find it!

Now users see the following:

Post edited by: mattfaulds, at: 2009/04/26 03:19
Attachments:

14 years 11 months ago #96547 by sunnyjey
Replied by sunnyjey on topic Re:Tabs in Edit Your Details
Hi, I am too facing similar problem.

I had created a delimter field for profile related links like 'upload your photo', 'start new group' etc and published it in newly created blank tab. As i wanted to keep this tab on frontend on highest visiible position under Avatar, I published it in tabmain position with html display.

Now the problem is that this blank tab appears on Member's Edit which is quite confusing to novice users.

Secondly there are few tabs which i do not want to show on Members Edit but not able to remove it.

I think there should be further option in privacy control plugin to control how and where the tabs should appear like
1. Tabs to be displayed ONLY ON Owner's Profile
2. Tabs not to be displayed on User Edit.

I hope this suggestion will be considered in next version of Privacy Plugin.

Thank you
Sunny

14 years 8 months ago #105596 by jimmyjimjames
Replied by jimmyjimjames on topic Re:Tabs in Edit Your Details
hey guys

i got the problem of i have tabs that appear in the users profile but not the profile edit. How do i get them to appear only n profile edit and not the actual profile?

cheers:)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn