problem editing accounts

15 years 3 months ago #84645 by isyan
Replied by isyan on topic Re:problem editing accounts
yup.. but still the sql error remains... if I just know where this error came from then maybe I can fix it manually... :(

thanks for your suggestions krileon...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #84649 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:problem editing accounts
isyan wrote:

yup.. but still the sql error remains... if I just know where this error came from then maybe I can fix it manually... :(

thanks for your suggestions krileon...

returned error: Illegal mix of collations

You have 2 different collations in the same column. This isn't allowed. Head to your database and change the collation then save and it should correct it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 3 months ago #85825 by isyan
their are only two tables involved?

jos_users and jos_core_acl_aro

i checked them both in phpmyadmin and their collation is in latin1_general_ci... there is no latin1_swedish_ci...

thanks for your help.. :)

15 years 3 months ago #85874 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:problem editing accounts
isyan wrote:

their are only two tables involved?

jos_users and jos_core_acl_aro

i checked them both in phpmyadmin and their collation is in latin1_general_ci... there is no latin1_swedish_ci...

thanks for your help.. :)

On all columns? Error is produced on the ID column, which is weird because integers don't have a collation.

This is an issue with the CB tools it self. Your site should function fine and no need to be alarmed by this error.

This appears to be possibly a bad install. Have you tried re-installing or using the expert install (drag -> drop -> replace) then running tools?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 3 months ago #86067 by isyan
no... only the text or varchar datatype has the latin1_general_ci...

thanks for the help.. i really appreciate it.. god bless

14 years 9 months ago #104089 by gschwing
Replied by gschwing on topic Re:problem editing accounts
I am having the same issue with a fresh install of 1.2.1.

The check users database output:
[code:1]Checking Users Datbase:

All Community Builder comprofiler table rows have links to user table.

All users table rows have links to comprofiler table.

users table has no zero id row.

comprofiler table has no zero id row.

All rows in comprofiler table have user_id columns identical to id columns.

ERROR: sql query: SELECT u.id FROM #__users u LEFT JOIN #__core_acl_aro a ON a.section_value = 'users' AND a.value = CAST( u.id AS CHAR ) WHERE a.value IS NULL : returned error: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' SQL=SELECT u.id FROM jos_users u LEFT JOIN jos_core_acl_aro a ON a.section_value = 'users' AND a.value = CAST( u.id AS CHAR ) WHERE a.value IS NULL

All ACL core_acl_aro table rows have corresponding entries in users table.

All core_acl_aro table rows have ACL entries in core_acl_groups_aro_map table.

All core_acl_aro table rows have ACL entries in core_acl_groups_aro_map table.[/code:1]

What is happening on the site is that you cannot save anything in the additional info tab either on the front end or the back end.

Any help would be appreciated. Hostgator support is helping me, here's what they said so far:

Ok I have attempted to change the collation in question on that phpmyadmin however it seems there is another related issue on it as it will not keep the change.

I will have to escalate this issue to an administrator for you

Would you like to be kept posted?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.459 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn