email problem

15 years 3 months ago #85890 by micody
email problem was created by micody
hi. i just upgraded from cb 1.1 to cb 1.2 rc 4 on joomla 1.5.7 on legacy mode and the installation was fine but the problem is when someone tries to register theres no email sending to the user email address and of someone tries to recover his username and password an error say error sending email or email sending failed. any fix for this will be highly appreciated :D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #100117 by dackard
Replied by dackard on topic Re:email problem
Hi there, I have the same problem. CB 1.2
However, in my case this error occurs only when I try to remind the username by sending email.

So far I was not able to fix this.

Help appreciated.
Regards,
Dackard.

14 years 10 months ago #100145 by dackard
Okay, I think I know what the problem is.
In components->com_comprofiler->library->phpmailer->phpmailer.phpmailer.php

in the function

function MailSend($header, $body) {

there is a line of code calling php mail function:

$rt = @mail($to, $this->EncodeHeader ($this->SecureHeader ($this->Subject)) , $body, $header);

I my case if the user name is longer than e.g. 3 leters, the EncodeHeader function causes some problem. If I pass $this->SecureHeader ($this->Subject) dirrectly to mail function everything works fine. Otherwise php mail() function returns null.

I still do not know how to fix this properly.
Regards,
Dackard.

14 years 10 months ago #100269 by dackard
Hi there again,
It seems like this post has been forgotten, but problem still exists. I have came across some post about mail function and subject in the php mail() function. The guy mentions that subject cannot be split into multiple lines. I can see that this has been removed from phpo specification, however, I gave it a try, and it seems that it was the problem actually. In the EncodeHeader() function in the file called phpmailer.phpmailer.php I have set a flag which influences splitting of the message passed to the function. Also within the mailSend() function I have modified the function callto adjust for the changes made in EncodeHeader() function. There are some other places where I think I made some changes, but this is not important, since I am including the file for testing.

Sorry for bad English. Please forgive me if my solution is not exactly clean enough, or if it does not do what it should. I am actually working as digital design engineer and Joomla is just my hobby from one year back.

best regards,
Dackard.
P.S. enclosed you will find the phpmailer.phpmaile.php file for your review; CB 1.2 stable:

Attachment phpmailer.zip not found

.Copy the file to:
Administrator-> components-> com_comprofiler-> library-> phpmailer

Post edited by: dackard, at: 2009/05/28 21:48
Attachments:

14 years 9 months ago #102715 by polo09
Replied by polo09 on topic Re:email problem

SPAM POST REMOVED

User banned and blocked.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2009/06/22 17:36

14 years 9 months ago #102724 by dackard
horrible way of advertising the business!
pfeeee ugly. And you think that people are that stupid that they do not realize this?

You can call it a lie! But in the western countries lying is performed on regular basis - this is what I learned while visiting your beautiful world, for last 8 years.

Shame on you.
D.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.429 seconds