Registration Page Cleanup - alternating rows style

15 years 1 month ago #87396 by bertm
After upgrading from CB1.1, it is nice to see that CB1.2 fully supports the Joomla alternating row style for tables. However my registration form looks really busy with that feature. So here is a quick hack:

open admin/components/com_profiler/plugin.class.php. Look around line 812 for a command like this:

$class = 'sectiontableentry' . $_CB_OneTwoRowsStyleToggle;

I added $class = ' '; after that to remove the class but leave the source code intact in case I need to restore it later.

It cleans up the tabs in the "Update Your Profile" area as well.

This will not be a problem unless your Joomla template supports alternate rows in CSS

Post edited by: bertm, at: 2009/01/31 22:01

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 month ago #87397 by beat
Yup, that's one possibility. Thanks for sharing.

Another one is to solve that without any hacks in CB, but in your joomla template, using CSS.

CB's registration and edit profile have exact CSS markup, so you can override the default joomla alternation by adding a rule for CB.

e.g.:

[code:1]. cbRegistration .sectiontableentry1,
. cbRegistration .sectiontableentry2 {
background-color: white;
}
[/code:1]

in template css file to have both backgrounds white.

similar would apply with different class for edit.

Post edited by: beat, at: 2009/01/31 23:23

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 1 month ago #88356 by bertm
Ahhh. much better. I think my brain was stuck in PHP mode at the time, and I didn't make the next step to CSS. There's nothing worse than bad advice.

15 years 1 month ago #88511 by lakersfan
I added it to components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default to template.css but it doesn't work please tell me what i made wrong?? I got CB 1.2

If in this way we can edit css to clear profile page??
What class i have to use to do that??

Beat can you help me ??

15 years 1 month ago #89893 by zacharyrs
Can anyone please tell me how to restrict the width on these table fields? The registration fields are extending waaaaay past my template container... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

15 years 3 weeks ago #90839 by littlewyvern
zacharyrs wrote:

Can anyone please tell me how to restrict the width on these table fields? The registration fields are extending waaaaay past my template container... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure if this is what you mean, but you can set the width of your registration table in your comprofiler template's template.css file around line 113. You will see something similar to this...

[code:1]/* For table-based forms */
table#registrationTable { width:45%; border: 3px solid #006699; border-collapse: collapse; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; }[/code:1]

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn