Userlist querry - problem: multiple cases

15 years 1 month ago #91507 by fullmag
The problem goes like this:

CB1.2 joomla 1.59

I have created a field via the field manager for registered users called:
cb_class (realname Klass)

The field is a select list with multible possible choices for the user to select, like:

Junior
Senior
Elite
Novice

Is there a way to make let say 4 userlists showings?, like:

all Junior
(and users who are both junior and one of the others)

All Senior
(and users who are both senior and one of the others)

all Elite
(and users who are both elite and one of the others)

all Novice
(and users who are both novice and one of the others)

so like "I like rock music but also POP, so show me in both listings."

I cannot get it right when I use the CB List Manager, either with the simple filter or advanced...

I have tried multible setups but I am not a programmer so... ;)

Another thing I see comming is that some of the fields that have to be in there have swedish letters in them and after saving and returning these letters are converted to a sqaure box, I guess this is going to be a problem... Swedish languge plugin is installed and enabled in CB and Joomla

Please if some one know any goings on this problem :)

I would guess it is a quite normal task as with the rock/pop music example

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 month ago #91511 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Userlist querry - problem: multiple cases
How is your filter setup? (what have you entered into it)

Should be for example:
`cb_class` = 'Novice'

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 1 month ago #91530 by gonetwork
Replied by gonetwork on topic Re:Userlist querry - problem: multiple cases
Hi, I am experiencing the same issue. I have a list of categories which I am using a multi-select cb field for users to select the category or categories that they fall into.

When I create a User List based on that category, it returns zero results if the user select more than one category. In the past with previous version I just created extra categories as individual fields. This was my work around and it worked.

But I really don't want to create another 26 category fields. I want users to select what categories they should fall into, then pull them from the drop down list feature. Simple.

I have tried, the "like" comment, I have tried the "equal" comment. I have tried to the search any word in the multi search. In fact I think I have tried every combination and searched the forums.

I am not using a check box either. But I tried that too and it still didn't produce.

Running: CB 1.2 (cause I thought that might be a fix)
PHP: Php 5
Mysql : 5.6
Joomla 1.5.9

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,70/id,91258/#91258

Post edited by: gonetwork, at: 2009/03/12 16:47

15 years 1 month ago #91536 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Userlist querry - problem: multiple cases
If you are going to use the LIKE filter you need to edit it after adding it to the list. It''s actually best to use advanced for LIKE scenarios.

Example:

`cb_test` LIKE '%123%'

You need to add the enclosing % for it to actually search for LIKE. Documentation on advanced filtering is on page 129 of the subscriber documents.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 1 month ago #91609 by gonetwork
Replied by gonetwork on topic Re:Userlist querry - problem: multiple cases
That is awesome to have an answer that works. I used your statement in the advanced and tried it in simple with the LIKE variable. I also used in the multi-criteria section ANY WORD MATCH, and this produced results in the user lists based on the multi-select field.

I appreciate your assistance. Hope this helps someone else.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn