NO Confirmation Mail sent

14 years 7 months ago #110882 by gostram
Replied by gostram on topic Re:NO Confirmation Mail sent
Nant, you just solved an issue I was trying to solve since two months!!!!!!!

Thanks so much. The user got the email, and upon activation, an email was sent to the admin!!!

Amazing!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #116924 by jrswords
Replied by jrswords on topic Re:NO Confirmation Mail sent
I am having the same problem. I didn't receive an admin message when a new user registered, and they haven't received the activation email. I have tried several times to do a dummy registration, and I don't get an admin or activation email.

The Joomla email and contact-us emails go through with no problem.

I have tried the fix listed here, but with no luck. I was running CB v1.2.0 when I started trying to troubleshoot this problem earlier today, and have since upgraded to v1.2.1. The problem persists.

I am running Joomla v1.5.9, and my email is through google apps. It's a private family history website, so I don't get a lot of new registrations. I don't know when the problem started, but I haven't changed email providers or made any changes to my Apache/Joomla/CB setup in months. I did have a few successful registrations back in August and September, with no issues.

Any idea what I might try next?

Thanks!

14 years 4 months ago #118418 by LaughDonor
Replied by LaughDonor on topic Re:NO Confirmation Mail sent
Wow! Fantastic! I tried out inserting the code, and it worked instantly! I've been hunting these forums for an answer.. and finally got something. Hopefully you guys put this in the next build.

Joomla! 1.5.15
Community Builder 1.2.1
PHP 5.2.10
Host Server: Different from SMTP server
SMTP Settings:

E-Mail used: Google Apps account.
E-Mails match CB registration Address
J! Mass E-Mail test: Pass
J! System Allow User Registration: No
CB Registration Allow user Registration: Yes
SEF URL Settings: On and Off both work

Thanks a lot! I've spent like 8 hours trying to figure out why I couldn't get new users to receive a confirmation e-mail.. now I can keep the ball rolling after I did a fresh install.

14 years 4 months ago #118509 by jrswords
After weeks of trying everything mentioned on these forums, I was finally able to get registration emails going again. I had upgraded Joomla to 1.5.15, CB 1.2.1, made sure I had the Mail Settings exactly as LaughDonor shows in his post (I also have Google apps for my email), and inserted the code suggested by nant. Nothing would work.

I then tried one of my other Google apps email addresses, and that works (myname@xxxxxxxx.com instead of mail@xxxxxxxx.com). I even went back and removed the code suggested by nant from comprofiler.class.php, and it still works.

I would, however, like to understand why an email address of 'mail@xxxxxxxx.com' would not work. Is it the name (I've had website membership lists reject this email address as "too generic")? Is it a Google issue? Any help in understanding why I couldn't use this email address with CB would be appreciated. I am relieved that I got registrations running again, but it would help to know why 'mail@.....' wouldn't work.

Thanks.

14 years 4 months ago #118510 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:NO Confirmation Mail sent
Did you check your server error logs? I'm just wondering if your own server has security rules that are blocking the generic email address. That would be my first guess.
:unsure:

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 4 months ago #118511 by jrswords
Are you referring to my own server logs (I run an Apache server on a local machine), or the email logs that Google maintains? I don't see anything in the Apache error or access logs.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn