CB content and CB menu

14 years 11 months ago #93352 by jazzman809
CB content and CB menu was created by jazzman809
Hi all, I'm having a bit of a hassle getting this CB content to display correctly, and what I mean by this is that I'm trying to hide the CB Menu (CB profile) as explained in the documentation but if I hide it then it won't show up in CB content. So I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Also, how do I pull info out of CB, other than just that menu in the doc ([cb:usertab tab="17" user="#displayedOrMe" /])? I would be interested in pulling quite a bit more rather than using so many tabs but I'm trying to understand the query.

cb:usertabab tab="17", I assume this is the actual menu and the user="#displayedOrMe" means only to display it to me, am I understanding this correctly?

So if I'm trying create a link to a tab, for instance, I would need to find out the tab number, etc?

If that's the case, then where do I find some list of the tabs included in CB, would I need to look at _com_profiler or some other place? I don't mind getting my hands dirty but I want to make sure I understand the logic before I start changing stuff. Finally, can I make different copies of the CB content module? (Perhaps I'd like to put different objects in different places on the page :)

It would be great if someone could shed some light on the query being used (my apologies but I haven't pulled info using queries in years)

Thank you before hand,

Jazzman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #93384 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB content and CB menu
You need to move the menu tab to a "Not Shown on Profile" location. Do not unpublish it or the plugin.

Syntax examples
CB:USERDATA:
The user [cb:userdata field="username" /] lives in [cb:userdata field="cb_citystate" /] and his name is: [cb:userdata field="name" /].

CB:USERFIELD:
The user [cb:userfield field="username" /] lives in [cb:userfield field="cb_citystate" /] and his name is: [cb:userfield field="name" /].

CB:USERDATA OF #ME:
The user [cb:userdata field="username" user="#me" /] lives in [cb:userdata field="cb_citystate" user="62" /] and his name is: [cb:userdata field="name" user="#me" /].

IFs:
A: [cb:if username="bob"]This is Bob being displayed[/cb:if]
B: [cb:if user="#displayed" username="Bill"]This is Bill being displayed[/cb:if]
C: [cb:if user="#me" username="bob"]This is Bob watching[/cb:if]
D: [cb:if user="#me" username="admin"]This is Admin watching[/cb:if]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 11 months ago #93807 by jazzman809
Replied by jazzman809 on topic Re:CB content and CB menu
Thanks krileon, this helps.

14 years 11 months ago #94427 by giuse3
Replied by giuse3 on topic Re:CB content and CB menu
Thanks.
What about content of tabs? For example, if I want to put the content of the GuestBook tab into the content module? I tried
[code:1][cb:usertab tab="30" user="#me" /][/code:1]
but it just displays this string :(
Thanks a lot

Giuse

14 years 11 months ago #95211 by Christofer
Replied by Christofer on topic Re:CB content and CB menu
If got a question regarding the cb:if statements.

At the moment i'm working on the output of the profilepages. I only want text-links or buttons instead of the cb_core menu.

Therefore i use the replacement tags. Now i want to have this scenario.

If the user is on his own profile he should have a link to his inbox, but if he is on the profile of another user, he should have a link to write a message to this user. I tried different statements but without succes.

Here is one of my tries

[code:1][cb:if user_id=[cb:userfield field="user_id" /]]
[menu caption="Inbox" img=] _UE_MENU_MESSAGES : _UE_PM_INBOX [/menu]
[/cb:if][cb:if user_id!=[cb:userfield field="user_id" /]]
[menu caption="Write Message" img=] _UE_MENU_MESSAGES : _UE_PM_USER [/menu]
[/cb:if][/code:1]

I inserted this code into a delimiter field and published it under the portrait of the user. But no link is being displayed.

maybe someone can explain me the syntax in detail. I think this would be very helpful for many users. :)

14 years 10 months ago #97007 by ndee
Replied by ndee on topic Re:CB content and CB menu
Christofer wrote:

[code:1][cb:if user_id=[cb:userfield field="user_id" /]]
[menu caption="Inbox" img=] _UE_MENU_MESSAGES : _UE_PM_INBOX [/menu]
[/cb:if][cb:if user_id!=[cb:userfield field="user_id" /]]
[menu caption="Write Message" img=] _UE_MENU_MESSAGES : _UE_PM_USER [/menu]
[/cb:if][/code:1]

Hi,

where did you get this code? Afair there was somebody who had the same syntax error :)

You have open img tags left in your code. Remove "img=" (before the closing ] - on both places above.

###################
SPEED UP HELP, read first: Help us help you
###################

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds