[Solved} YooTheme collapsing right column w/ CB

15 years 4 days ago #96921 by vitbrevis
Replied by vitbrevis on topic Re:CB collapsing right column, possible bug?
I had to swap the domains due to the commercial plugs Im using on this site.
myferndale.net

I still have the 'showonall' module showing on ALL pages to Illustrate the issue I am attempting to solve.

Still have no idea if the issue lies with the template designers or an issue with CB.

I had already moved on with my design when this thread was responded to but I would like to get to the bottom of it, if its a CB issue we can correct it, If it is the template designers we can educate them on how to build commercial templates that will not frustrate CB users.

Thanks for taking a look tho Beat. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 days ago #96924 by nant
vitbrevis wrote:

I had to swap the domains due to the commercial plugs Im using on this site.
myferndale.net

I still have the 'showonall' module showing on ALL pages to Illustrate the issue I am attempting to solve.

Still have no idea if the issue lies with the template designers or an issue with CB.

I had already moved on with my design when this thread was responded to but I would like to get to the bottom of it, if its a CB issue we can correct it, If it is the template designers we can educate them on how to build commercial templates that will not frustrate CB users.

Thanks for taking a look tho Beat. :)

Please PM me with backend access and I will take a look.

15 years 4 days ago #96927 by vitbrevis
Ty Nant, pm sent.

15 years 4 days ago #96939 by nant
Quick feedback.

Kuena menu item also colapses right hand column.

If you change the template to the default Joomla template (JA_Purity), then right column appears just fine in CB related links and also in Kuena related links.

So, it appears that the template is automatically colapsing the right-hand column for these layouts.

Your CB installation (and Kuena) is just fine.

My suggestion: post the same exact question to your template provider.

Tell them that Joomla templates work - their template does not (unless there is a hidden parameter somewhere).

Sorry, cannot debug template. The MyCommunity template offered here on Joomlapolis also works just fine.

15 years 4 days ago #96952 by vitbrevis
Thank you Nick.

I will mark this thread as 'Solved' regarding CB.

Appreciate all the hard work you guys do, Ive been using CB for a few years now and its STILL the best community option available imho.

I will do what I can with the template creators, Id hate to see you guys have to deal with more confused users that come after me with the same problem.

For reference it is a Yootheme template in case posts similar to mine come up in the future.

15 years 4 days ago #96969 by San_Diego_Recruiter
Replied by San_Diego_Recruiter on topic Re:[Solved} YooTheme collapsing right column w/ CB
Hello,

I, too, use yootheme. What was the final solution? I read the posts, but I didn't see how it was solved. Just clearing the floats?

Thanks!:)

Measuring success by helping people succeed
www.streamlinestaff.com

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.409 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn