Cannot confirm user in back end

14 years 11 months ago #98890 by julos08
Replied by julos08 on topic Re:Cannot confirm user in back end
Ok thanks Rapunzl for your quick answers.

I'm going to change the status directly in the database, but I think that would be good to have an option in the cb setings to confirm ourself the email address of the user when one of them forgot to confirm his email.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #98960 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Cannot confirm user in back end
The whole idea behind email confirmation is to make sure it is a real email address. Why enable email confirmation if you aren't concerned with it?
:blink:

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 9 months ago #103185 by gbraun
Replied by gbraun on topic Re:Cannot confirm user in back end
I have this same frustrating issue. In CB User Manager options to: Block User: No Approve User: Yes Confirm User: Yes

Confirm User Changes back to No on save.

Reconfirming by email again also fails. Also subsuquent email cotain url link without activation code.

www.themeeksfamily.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=confirm&confirmcode= ***No Activation Code***

Please help or tell me where to go in database to change this.

This issue does not appear on all registrations.

14 years 9 months ago #103680 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Cannot confirm user in back end
Upgrade to CB 1.2.1 and Joomla 1.5.12 and see if issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #116642 by koyan
Replied by koyan on topic Re:Cannot confirm user in back end
But you see, the process works fine on 99% of the cases. In that 99%, the users do confirm themselves just fine. It is the 1% of the cases, where they either dont receive the confirmation email (because it gets caught as spam, or whatever), or where they users are not very technical and they dont understand and delete it, in which case they email me telling me "Hey, I tried to register today but I cannot".
And in those cases I see their email.
Also, there are the cases where they have misstyped their email to start with, where I can see and fix it.

So, in those cases, we need to be able to manually confirm them, even though we have asked for automatic confirmation.

Rapunzl wrote:

The whole idea behind email confirmation is to make sure it is a real email address. Why enable email confirmation if you aren't concerned with it?
:blink:

14 years 5 months ago #116645 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Cannot confirm user in back end
koyan wrote:

But you see, the process works fine on 99% of the cases. In that 99%, the users do confirm themselves just fine. It is the 1% of the cases, where they either dont receive the confirmation email (because it gets caught as spam, or whatever), or where they users are not very technical and they dont understand and delete it, in which case they email me telling me "Hey, I tried to register today but I cannot".
And in those cases I see their email.
Also, there are the cases where they have misstyped their email to start with, where I can see and fix it.

So, in those cases, we need to be able to manually confirm them, even though we have asked for automatic confirmation.

If they are able to email you, why can't you just let them know that if they try to log in before confirming through the email, it will resend the email? They can then retrieve the email from their spam box or make sure not to delete it before they confirm. Also, for mistyped email, you can delete the account and let them re-register with the correct email, so they aren't bypassing the system with a bad email.

The system is there for a purpose, and bypassing the system also bypasses the functionality of the system. That's why the email is resent each time someone attempts to log in before confirming.

Jamie (Rapunzl)

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn