Registration with aproval failing?

18 years 4 months ago #1064 by Manoxtra
Registration with aproval failing? was created by Manoxtra
Hi, I've set in the config that admin must approve every registration. Today 5 new members did register, but from only 1 of them I got the approval mail? From the others I only got the notification that a new member did register, no approval request what so ever...
How does this work exactly?

:blink:

Post edited by: Manoxtra, at: 2005/12/01 16:30

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 months ago #1098 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:Registration with aproval failing?
I could be mistaken but I beleive that when a new user first registers you will get an email notification. But you will not get the Aproval request on the site until they have validated themselves by clicking on the link in the email that was sent to them. You can check this by going to the CB user manager and check the 4 in question, you will probably find an X and not a check on the COnfirmed colomn

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

18 years 4 months ago #1139 by Manoxtra
Replied by Manoxtra on topic Re:Registration with aproval failing?
Yes, I can understand that, but I saw one of them online, in the who's online module, that shouldnt be possible right? How can you be/get online when your registration hasnt been approved? Also when I check this I can see that they've been online cause the CB saves the last date of being online... :side:

18 years 4 months ago #1144 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:Registration with aproval failing?
Actually I seem to remember seeing this once on mine as well but I just assumed that I was going crazy and ignored it. I may have to do a little testing and check this out now that there is someone else that has seen this.

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

18 years 4 months ago #1159 by Manoxtra
Well now Im sure this process is failing. I can test it easily cause my site is used by students. I talked with some and actually saw a student loging in, without my approval which is necessary. So whats happening.

1. Someone can register.
2. She/he can login, but the profile isnt activated!
3. The activation email is being sent!
4. When an user is logged in but the profile isnt been activated yet the activationlink doesnt work when clicked, the result is the message; the profile hasnt been approved yet, but the user is already logged in???
5. The approval mail is sent, and when the admin or other level approves the profile is activated.

Conclusion, registration process is failing on the account that the profile isnt activated until approval but users can login after the registration... :ohmy:

HELP?! I do think this is a BUG...!

Post edited by: Manoxtra, at: 2005/12/02 11:37

18 years 4 months ago #1160 by nant
OK - lets take a closer look.

Please confirm or provide extra info on the following:
  • Your CB->Configuration->Registration 'Require Admin Approval' and 'Require Email Confirmation' parameter settings
  • Confirm that you are using the CB login module and that the Joomla one is unpublished.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn