Registration with aproval failing?

18 years 4 months ago #1231 by rick
Nick,

Thanks for the legwork, I know that you are busy and I did not mean for you to do all that. I have read those posts but that is not the bridge that I use and it is not an intigration problem as much as login problem. The bridge that I use can be found at www.joomlahacks.com If I use the CB login it does not login to SMF. If I use the SMF login, it does work to login to both SMF and Joomla, but bypasses the CB workflow.

The problem is that there is little chance that anyone else is going to use the CB workflow in their login mod so it almost has to come from CB to support this. I will continue looking elsewhere for now.

Please do not spend any more time on this, you are a busy man, I am not a coder but will see if I can combine the CB login with the SMF login.

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 months ago #1247 by nant
Rick - good luck with your quest to get SMF working with CB.

Manoxtra,
I visited your site and applied for registration and received a confirmation email with link - followed it.
Only then I noticed the following:

What is com_login?
Doesn't look like the CB login module.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2005/12/03 10:38

Post edited by: nant, at: 2005/12/03 10:40
Attachments:

18 years 4 months ago #1249 by nant
Manoxtra, I have tried the same scenarion on this site and all work as expected.
Please make me an superadmin so I can check out your backend settings.

18 years 4 months ago #1250 by Manoxtra
Replied by Manoxtra on topic Re:Registration with aproval failing? >> TES
I think I know whats the problem... thx to Rick!

Users register with the CB protocol/workflow, but I dont use the module to let them login, I use the component link of Joomla, so they can login in the mainpage instead of the module...

Its so simple, Im so sorry for all the work and energy you all have put in... :blush: :blush: :blush:

Post edited by: Manoxtra, at: 2005/12/03 12:03

18 years 4 months ago #1253 by Manoxtra
Replied by Manoxtra on topic Re:Registration with aproval failing? >> TES
And here is my solution for the way I let members login to my site...

1. I installed the mosmodule bot which allows showing modules in content.
2. I copied the CB rc2 login module and set it at 'public'
3. Ive created a static content page and let this module been shown in the content so members can login via the given link.
4. Set the original loginmodule of RC2 to 'registered' so it will only show 'left' to give members the easy possibility of loging out but also giving them the overview in case of messages.

This concluded I think the workflow is restored as intended by CB dev. team... but will check it monday with students
:blink:

Post edited by: Manoxtra, at: 2005/12/03 12:50

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn