Different levels of users

18 years 3 months ago #1084 by MrNiceGuy
Different levels of users was created by MrNiceGuy
I've recently come across Community Builder, it looks NICE! Kinda like me. Anyway. I was wondering if someone can help me with this.

I want to have a user management component for Joomla that would enable me to have multiple levels of users. Different levels would have access to different type of services. Is this possible with Community Builder? It isn't too clear from what I've read.

Also another question. If I use Community Builder, can I still use other components? For example I use WebAmoeba and it appears to be great. Will this still work?

Really appreciate any help or advice.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #1095 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:Different levels of users
As to the user management issue neither Joomla or Community Builder provides any kind of advanced user management. There is another component that I just read about that is supposed to work with both Joomla as well as Community Builder. You can read the thread at www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,369/catid,8/

I have not personally used this but it sounds promising. Please note Joomla is also going to add this functionality so it may make external patches like this obsolete and may be very difficult to move over at a later date. To find more info on this read the road map for Joomla at www.joomla.org/content/view/14/28/

As to the other components, I have not heard of anything that was made not to work in combination with using CB.

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

18 years 3 months ago #1171 by MrNiceGuy
Replied by MrNiceGuy on topic Re:Different levels of users
Thanks for the reply Rick. Really useful info, especially JACLPlus. It does look good. I'm going to have a quick go now.

18 years 2 months ago #3336 by Bartcelona
Replied by Bartcelona on topic Re:Different levels of users
This appears to be popular item for discussion..

As such I have become "paralized" in making a decision on which way I should go.

-Joomla release plan tells me this will be addressed but probably not bef`or the end of this new year.

-Advanced login CB module apeared to be able to help us with this but is now listed as (OLD) in the forge. Also not on the Joomlapolis site. -> not recomended ?

-JACL Plus has good write ups but I am concerned with not seeing some of our sites components not listed as supported yet;
Mamblog, AKOcomments, EXT cal..

Can anybody help me get moving again on this
;)

Regards

So far very impressed with CB and soon will be donating and promoting this component. Thanks!

18 years 2 months ago #3503 by mcsmom
Replied by mcsmom on topic Re:Different levels of users
I have CB and JACL installed. So far the only challenge has been with zOOm (isn't everything). Zoom found the new list of groups so it looked like it was working, but its table did not reflect them so all the changes i made weren't saved. However, I hand updated the table and now it seems fine.

18 years 2 months ago #3659 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Different levels of users
Bartcelona wrote:

-Advanced login CB module apeared to be able to help us with this but is now listed as (OLD) in the forge. Also not on the Joomlapolis site. -> not recomended ?

So far very impressed with CB and soon will be donating and promoting this component. Thanks!

Thanks for your support :)

The Advanced cb login RC1 *is* now the normal RC2 login module :D

So it's not abandonned.

But not sure how/why you think it could help you...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn