Look and Feel

17 years 7 months ago #21043 by msquared70
Look and Feel was created by msquared70
I found this site.. www.travbuddy.com/

I think its a good example of where CB could be improved from a user perspective. I love CB and I think its probably capable of doing almost everything this site does.

The difference is presentation- I think the template system is one part of CB that really needs to mature so that the sites using them could look more professional.

Not a criticism.. for an opensource project I think the team has done miracles-especially in the past year.

Just a thought on some things that could be focused on...

thanks
Mark

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 7 months ago #21046 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Look and Feel
There was a nice template thread going on in the forums but unfortunately it has stopped.

The cb template infrastructure is there but no one has taken advantage of it - everyone wants things plug and play and customized for free :angry:

17 years 7 months ago #21051 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Look and Feel
CB allows you to do such a setup quite closely, with the available core and 3PD plugins.

You may want to also give a look at the CB manual for page-layout possibilities.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 7 months ago #21055 by msquared70
Replied by msquared70 on topic Re:Look and Feel
I would love to see an example of a site using CB that closely resembles my example.

It would definiately be a good example to learn from and to see what is really possible.

One of the problems I've run into is finding a good blog component- mamblog seems to be the choice by default.

Thanks
Mark

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn