Public users being able to see userprofiles

18 years 4 months ago #2178 by hgr
Well I know nothing about it.

And by the way, it is a clean RC2 installation no hacks or customization has taken place.

Any ideas about what I have to do to make profiles viewable by the public users, and how to allow bublic users to send emails to the shown user profile, via an email form, so I can use CB instead of the joomla contact module ?

Post edited by: hgr, at: 2005/12/15 17:48

Post edited by: hgr, at: 2005/12/15 17:49

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 months ago #2264 by hgr
Does anybody know how to let public users see the user profiles, and contact them using an email form ?

Anybody ? :dry:

18 years 4 months ago #2272 by rick
hgr wrote:

Does anybody know how to let public users see the user profiles, and contact them using an email form ?

Anybody ? :dry:

A quick search would have pointed you to www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,20/id,2162/#2162 This will allow the public to see the profiles. Once a profile is selected they should be able to select Messages then send Email.

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

18 years 4 months ago #2274 by hgr
Well I have this set to Everybody, but I still need to be loged in as a user before it is possible to see other users profile, and contact them via an e-mail form.

Are we looking at a BUG here ?

Post edited by: hgr, at: 2005/12/16 20:03

18 years 4 months ago #2578 by beat
JoomlaJoe wrote:

Looks like you are using some sort of customization to track page views? Problem is that there is a bad primary key set up between the viewer_id, profile_id, and lastip. I'd talk with the author about cleaning that up. Actually the primary key maybe fine...it may have needed to be an update on the count column instead of an update...not really sure since I'm not the author :silly:

Post edited by: joomlajoe, at: 2005/12/15 17:42

Hi MJ!
I'm the innocent author of this SQL request in CB RC2 (yes it's another new feature of RC2). :D

In this particular case, it looks like the autoincrement value is wrong in this new table...

---

Regarding Email form: you *need* to be logged in to email to a site user. It's a built-in basic spam-protection rule. You will have to hack the code to remove that basic protection to implement your feature. ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 4 months ago #2615 by hgr
Yes you are right.
Just tested the standard contact module.

I think it should be an option if you would allow others to contact you through an email form.

Well that is just my opinion

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn