New User Notification

18 years 3 months ago #2188 by crash777
New User Notification was created by crash777
I have both turned on.
-Require Admin Approval
-Require Email Confirmation

So a new user signs up... they get an email that they must confirm their email address... PERFECT!
Now the admin gets an email that a new user needs approval... PERFECT.
The admin goes onto the site and approves the new user... BLAH.. Shouldn't there be an email now sent to the new user stating they have been approved and can login? Is it something I am doing wrong?
I have CB RC2 and Joomla 1.04 Everything else is working great.. not sure if this is a "bug" or just something that doesn't happen... or something I am doing wrong to prevent it. I did not see it in the settings anywhere however.

thanks for the help!
Aaron

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #2190 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:New User Notification
The user should receive a welcome message.
How are you approving the user?
You should either user the moderator module in the frontend or the backend toggle (clicking on the x icon).
I think if you change the approved parameter from No to Yes it wont send and email message.

18 years 3 months ago #2196 by crash777
Replied by crash777 on topic Re:New User Notification
nant wrote:

You should either user the moderator module in the frontend or the backend toggle (clicking on the x icon).
I think if you change the approved parameter from No to Yes it wont send and email message.

There are 3 ways to approve the user:
1. Through the admin actions in the front end.
2. Through the user management panel in the admin end
3. Through the EDIT USER in the user management panel.

I went back and tried it all three ways. The welcome message is NOT sent when you do #3. The other two will send a welcome message.
If you want to test tihs, the good thing is that if you unapprove the user, you can test the other two options (instead of creating a whole new user).

18 years 3 months ago #2200 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:New User Notification
This is by design.
Its functioning as planned.

18 years 3 months ago #2201 by crash777
Replied by crash777 on topic Re:New User Notification
I of course, picked the one way that would NOT send a message haha but at least I know now!!

It's always nice to be able to have software do what it is supposed to do :P

Too often, software doesn't do what it is supposed to do and the excuse is.. well you know.

Not Community builder.. you guys are top notch I must say...

17 years 11 months ago #9361 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:New User Notification
crash777 wrote:

nant wrote:

There are 3 ways to approve the user:
1. Through the admin actions in the front end.
2. Through the user management panel in the admin end
3. Through the EDIT USER in the user management panel.

I went back and tried it all three ways. The welcome message is NOT sent when you do #3. The other two will send a welcome message.
If you want to test tihs, the good thing is that if you unapprove the user, you can test the other two options (instead of creating a whole new user).

This #3 is now fixed in upcoming CB 1.0 stable: each time you change from unaprroved to approved and save user in backend user edit, the user gets a welcome message, as you expected.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn