Config manager (SOLVED)

18 years 4 months ago #226 by JoomlaJon
Config manager (SOLVED) was created by JoomlaJon
In the community menu I can access all options but one.

The configuration. The computer stops to think for a while and then I just get the folder graphic, nothing else. So it is just to use the browser back button.

I have set the 777 thing in the global config. I am starting to wonder if it is something in my php.ini file that needs to be switched on or so.

I have xp home sp 2
php 5.0.5
apache 2.0.55
MySQL 3.23.58

Remember having a similar problem with the phpbb forum plugin, the bridge thing. So I switched to joomlaboard.

also I get this

Error: PHP running on your server does not support GD version 2.x, please switch to GD version 1.x on the config page

when trying to upload avatar.

nant if and when my account is filled with the stuff everybody wants, I will do what I have promised. ;)

Post edited by: joomlajon, at: 2005/11/19 01:02

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 months ago #227 by JoomlaJon
Replied by JoomlaJon on topic Re:Config manager
I found the gd support,

For those who in the future have the gd support problem here it was I did,

In the php.ini I did a search for gd and found the line wiht the gd .dll, and just removed the ; before it, then it became active. I do my development local on my machine.

18 years 4 months ago #291 by JoomlaJon
But I am still not able to access the configuration. I have tried to serch some forums, but I don't really know what to search for.

I have done a new install, I am looking in the php.ini without getting anything out of it. So if anyone has had this problem and knows a possible sollution, or perhaps a link to where I might find a sollution. Please help. :(

18 years 4 months ago #294 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Config manager
Sorry, regarding configuration not displaying: did you wait long enough ?

There is a timeout on displaying the latest version, so depending on your Internet connection not being active and the php version you use, it might go like 40 seconds or even more, instead of the 8 seconds timeout programmed.. :whistle:

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 4 months ago #301 by JoomlaJon
Ok, but I am a beginner so from your answer I went to my php.ini file. And found something called "max_execution_time", I increased the value from 30 to 40. And then I actually got the configuration screen with an error messege.

Connection to update server failed: ERROR: connection failed (10060)

this on the latest version line.

So my guess now would be that I do everything locally on my computer, and for security reasons I have not allowed apache server to access the outside world.

Now I have allowed apache and voila! It's ALIVE!!!

So it was the firewall, if anyone will encounter the problem in the future.

So thank you beat. You triggered the right set of events.

/jon

18 years 4 months ago #304 by PeterMixt
Replied by PeterMixt on topic Re:Config manager
Connection to update server failed: ERROR: connection failed (10060)

...is an error that happens if access to joomlapolis.com has an interuption, including joomlapolis.com being offline. The CPB config is pinging the joomlapolis website to grab the current version information.

Check back soon or see if there is a reason your browser is having connectivity issues to joomlapolis... or double check to see if we're online. Things happen.

PeterMixt

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.355 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn