How to make a plug in... 101

18 years 2 months ago #3946 by psquillace
How to make a plug in... 101 was created by psquillace
Hello All:
I was wondering of there was some type of instruction in this area. :ohmy: I have a component that I just want to link to CB and I don't know how.

I know this is a BIG question to ask here and I am not expecting instruction on php or anything like that, I just need to know if can be done somewhat simply with out starting from Plug in Scratch sort of speak. :lol:

This site, www.myrockcity.com, is in need of the reviews section or menu item to be in the tabed part of the CB.

Can this be done as described above?

Thanks for any advice,

Paul

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 months ago #3953 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:How to make a plug in... 101
I would start with the Plugin API framework document at www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_docman/task,doc_details/gid,16/Itemid,36/

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

18 years 2 months ago #3957 by psquillace
Replied by psquillace on topic Re:How to make a plug in... 101
Thanks Rick for that. I wanted to know if you thought it would be easier to just hack another plugin?

I was looking at the XTD Ratings Plugin and was thinking this route would be easier.

Your thoughts?

paul

18 years 2 months ago #3978 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:How to make a plug in... 101
Sorry, misunderstood the question. I am not a coder so can't really help much, I do know that quite often people do use existing code to both examine to learn from and sometime to hack/alter. Why reinvent the wheel as they say...

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

18 years 2 months ago #3989 by psquillace
Replied by psquillace on topic Re:How to make a plug in... 101
rick wrote:

Sorry, misunderstood the question. I am not a coder so can't really help much, I do know that quite often people do use existing code to both examine to learn from and sometime to hack/alter. Why reinvent the wheel as they say...

EXACTLY my point Rick. Thanks so much for your help. I am going to attempt my first Hack tonight. Maybe if the whole community can cross thier fingers for me that would be great. :lol:

Paul

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn