Ability to report on access to site

18 years 2 months ago #5355 by youngde1
Ability to report on access to site was created by youngde1
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this request, but it seemed like a good place to start.

I would like to prepare a monthly report on who has accessed my site, when (dates/times), and, if possible, how long their visit lasted. Does CB track this information? Can it? And, if so, how (and where) can I grab this information?

Thanks!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 months ago #5358 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Ability to report on access to site
No it does not.

This is something that I need as well and might code during the next half a year.

mikko

18 years 2 months ago #5361 by youngde1
Replied by youngde1 on topic Re:Ability to report on access to site
Thanks Mikko!!

Do you know if there's a workaround for the time being, using MySQL? Someway that I can pull this info from the database?

18 years 2 months ago #5362 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Ability to report on access to site
CB does not store that and I do not think that Joomla does either.

-Mikko

18 years 2 months ago #5380 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Ability to report on access to site
Nope, we are not the "big brothers whatching you :P" , as already discussed elsewhere. :D

For general statistics, phpmyvisites works fine, installed separately from joomla and needs only a small inclusion to the template you use. But it will not tell you WHO visited your site and when, it will only show you statistics. Google also started a Google Analytics service.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn