IP Address...

18 years 5 days ago #10603 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:IP Address...
The solution for your problem would be to make a plugin that captures the IP ($_SERVER) and inserts it to the user profile when user registers (onRegistration-event)

See the plugin API documentation. If you know php, this should be like a two hour job to do. If you don't there are plenty of tutorials available.

mikko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #14679 by lennox
Replied by lennox on topic Re:IP Address...
Is their someone with a working IP log plugin ?
It would be great IF you can see in the profiles (admin only) the ip adresses of the person. It would give more options for security. It would be PERFECT if you can 'scan' duplicate ip adresses, so copyfake accounts can be filtered with a little puzzling,
i think this is a more importent function then everyother thing. This is security!!!!
I hope someone can help me and i think the whole community.
If not, i'm going to look at it, i have tried it before (used the ip log from Phil_k, but i was not skilled enough, maybe now, (not 2 hours what mikko said, but i think 10 hours :P i'm not very fast )i will able to do it

LENNOX
Official CB 3th Party Developer
Working on the CBRC2 Lennoxonline module
Official partner and PR-man of dcsFlashGames
RELEASED: Highest Karma Module
RELEASED: PROFILE VOTE KARMA PLUGIN

www.nightcity.nl

17 years 10 months ago #14957 by joomladude
Replied by joomladude on topic Re:IP Address...
Hi All,
I know that I've been advised to write a plugin myself and I appreciate the suggestion. However, just like thousands of other CB users I neither know how to write a plugin nor have the possibility to learn how!

I am just not sure how all these talented plugin coders have not realized it yet that there is nothing more important than knowing an IP address from the site administration point of view.

How anyone can succesfully manage a very busy site if they can not effectively manage the member accounts without being able to capture and log IP addresses?

I appreciate if anyone else can help with solving this problem considering that I do not know how to write a plugin.
Cheers,

JD

17 years 10 months ago #14961 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:IP Address...
Try posting this at www.joomlancers.com

mikko

17 years 10 months ago #14962 by Kampp
Replied by Kampp on topic Re:IP Address...
I will create this plugin as soon as I have the time... So please post alle the ideas in one long post or keep adding them here ;)

Creator of the CB plugins: "User IP log" and "Public Mail"
Joomla! services/coding: www.toolmaster.dk
Joomla! services/coding: joomla-konsulent.dk
Danish Joomla! hosting: www.joomla-hosting.dk

17 years 10 months ago #14987 by lennox
Replied by lennox on topic Re:IP Address...
Yes, thank you, it's importent to do this, i have tried yesterdaynight to write something like that, used as example: cbe ip log and joomlaboard ip log.
But it's to hard for me.

LENNOX
Official CB 3th Party Developer
Working on the CBRC2 Lennoxonline module
Official partner and PR-man of dcsFlashGames
RELEASED: Highest Karma Module
RELEASED: PROFILE VOTE KARMA PLUGIN

www.nightcity.nl

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn