Confirmation link not working correctly

18 years 1 month ago #7032 by dcoats
Replied by dcoats on topic Re:Confirmation link not working correctly
sorry using mambo4.5.3h and CB 1.0rc2 with simpleboard

Post edited by: dcoats, at: 2006/02/25 00:12

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #7037 by hyle
Ok I thought you had something with the joomla-SMF unpatch thing.

I unpatched mambo..from the SMF config... it still wouldnt confirm through email.
I unpatched SMF still didnt work.
I unpublished the CB joomla-SMF plugin.. Still didnt work.
I uninstalled the joomla-SMF componenent still didnt work.
I uninstalled the CB joomla-SMF plugin still didnt work.

Can someone tell if my email url is incorrect? Could I enter it manually to determine if it works.. Suggestions about debuggin this is appreciated.

BTW gallery2 works now.. There is conflict with gallery2 and the joomla-SMF that is being investigated. You can view the gallery but you cant control it.

Hyle

18 years 4 weeks ago #7280 by beat
Sorry, can't help, since can't understand within a few minutes what you are trying to do here.... :blink:

Maybe if you do a clear short explanation of what you want to do and what mishappens, we can maybe help.... ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 4 weeks ago #7289 by hyle
I made the original post in this thread.

All the version and config info is in the first post. But the long story made short is.

When I use email confirmation. The user gets the email but the link does not confirm the user. they get the "your account is not yet active, read your email" message. therefore I never get the email to approve the user.

I can manually confirm and approve.

Hope you can help me figure this one out.

thanks.. Sorry for the confusion someone suggested that it was a problem with the joomla-SMF component. I uninstalled that and it still didnt work.

18 years 4 weeks ago #7307 by beat
ok. looks simpler now.

1. what do the confirmation links emails look like ?

2. I'm still suspecting something left over from your installs. A clean install in a subdirectory + other db for instance of joomla 1.0.8 + CB could help diagnose, as these things usually work.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 4 weeks ago #7317 by hyle
It was a clean install.. I am thinking of starting over with joomla. but im using the latest mambo. 4.5.3.

I started with mambo in a subdirectory. I was thinking of reinstalling with Joomla this time and puttin joomla in the root. I dont like the /mambo in the URL.

This user has been deleted as it was for testing purposes.

Here is a copy of the email.

Greetings spam campbell,
Thank you for applying for registration with us. We have
received your request and we will process it as soon as you
confirm your email address by clicking on the following
hyperlink:
losdorados.org/mambo//index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=confirm&confirmcode=a3f390d88e4c41f2747bfa2f1b5f87db
Once your email address is confirmed our moderators will be
notified to continue the activation process.
You will be notified by email of the progress of the process.
Email : spam@[deleted].com
User Name : spam

If for some reason you are having problems getting in, just email webmaster@losdorados.org and we will get you account going for you.

Kind Regards,
Website Administration Team

NOTE: This email was automatically generated from Los Dorados (losdorados.org/mambo/).

Post edited by: hyle, at: 2006/03/01 00:53

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.425 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn