Registration Approvals - Not Working?!

17 years 11 months ago #9661 by eyekon1
Hello,

I'm having a little trouble figuring out how and where I can set automatic approvals.

I've set the Configurations in CB in the REGISTRATION TAB to

Require Admin Aproval: NO

Require Email Confirmation: YES

in modules:

CB LOGIN: enabled
mambo4.53h login: Disabled

When a user signs up, they get the email, with the confirm link, BUT when they click the link, it takes them to the site and it says,

"Your account is not yet active. Please check your email and follow the instructions to complete the registration process."

Its asking me(admin) to CONFIRM them still.

I would like to be able to skip this step and not have to "CONFIRM" each and every user.

Pls. Help! :)

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 11 months ago #9676 by eyekon1
Replied by eyekon1 on topic Re:Registration Approvals - Not Working?!
eyekon1 wrote:

Hello,

I'm having a little trouble figuring out how and where I can set automatic approvals.

I've set the Configurations in CB in the REGISTRATION TAB to

Require Admin Aproval: NO

Require Email Confirmation: YES

in modules:

CB LOGIN: enabled
mambo4.53h login: Disabled

When a user signs up, they get the email, with the confirm link, BUT when they click the link, it takes them to the site and it says,

"Your account is not yet active. Please check your email and follow the instructions to complete the registration process."

Its asking me(admin) to CONFIRM them still.

I would like to be able to skip this step and not have to "CONFIRM" each and every user.

Pls. Help! :)

Thanks!

Turns out that if you are using mambo 4.5.2 or higher, you have to change one line of code in the comprofiler.php file. And it solves the problem..

HOWEVER...

this makes it prone to SQL injection attacks.

Solution found on this thread:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,1652/catid,10/limit,6/limitstart,12/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn