MyCommunity Template Broken in IE 9

8 years 3 months ago #161597 by bluepete
Hello,

I apologize if this topic has been explored, but a search of the forums turned up nothing. It appears the MyCommunity template is badly broken in IE 9. I just installed it and the layout is radically different that in IE 8 or Firefox 3.6 or Safari 5. You can see how the middle column is pushed far down the page: www.fyddeye.com/ . The MyCommunity demo is also broken. I'm using MyCommunity 1.0 on Joomla 1.5.23.

Does an upgrade to the latest MyCommunity template version fix this?

Thank you.

bluepete
8 years 2 months ago #167075 by bluepete
I'm getting more complaints about this issue as upgrades to IE 9 occur. No one has replied to my earlier posting. :( Can anyone help? Please view my site, www.fyddeye.com/ , and confirm what I'm seeing. Compare with Firefox and Safari, and you'll see the issue. I would like to continue working with this template. Thank you.

bluepete
8 years 1 month ago #167910 by kambui123
I'm having the same problem with my client's site: www.itizwhutitiz.com/joomla/
Is it possible to get some feedback about the issues?
8 years 1 week ago #172128 by spikesantee
I'm having the same issue in IE but not in Firefox. It's disappointing to pay money for a template and have it not work.
8 years 1 week ago #172130 by bluepete
Because of the disappointing lack of responsiveness to this issue, I have switched to a Joomlashack template, which does not seem to suffer from the IE 9 issue. It's highly unlikely that I will purchase another Joomlapolis product. This is a textbook example of how to lose customers. :(

bluepete
8 years 1 week ago #172147 by kambui123
I actually found a solution to the issue and thought I posted. Here it is again. To fix the problem I did the following:

Click on Extensions, Templates, and edited the My Community Template...
Click on Variable under Variable or Fixed Width Layout

This fixed the middle column issue in IE9 and Windows 7. I never received a response from the designer but this definitely solved the problem for me. I hope it works for you.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.386 seconds
Facebook Twitter Google LinkedIn