VERY strange problem with links not working...

12 years 1 month ago #192938 by trident50
Hello,

At times - maybe one out of every 10 times a page on my site loads, the links - whether they're in article titles, or tabs, menu items - don't appear to work.

What is actually happening is, if you mouse around an article title, for example, there is a very small area 5pixels maybe?, that is clickable - and brings you to the right page. This is extremely frustrating when you have an article title in the sidebar that is about 1.5x1.5" and you mouse over it and nothing happens - unless you hit that very small sweet spot.

Has anyone ever seen this? Any ideas?

I'm running 2.5 - everything seems to be working, ALMOST all the time

Thank you for any help!!
Rob

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #193054 by bk6366
Are you using the default CB and Joomla templates or are they custom? Might be something to check out :)

bk
---
J1.7.3 / CB 1.7.1 / PHP 5.2.17 (no, not upgrading yet)
Current J/CB Project

'Terse'
Guide to getting answers
Please note that pm's related to CB issues will go unanswered. That's what the forums are for.

12 years 1 month ago #193056 by trident50
Thanks for the response!

I'm not using CB - just the MyCommunity template.

I was using a Rocket Theme template previously, and didn't have any problems...so I think it may be template related.

12 years 1 month ago #193081 by nant

trident50 wrote: Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:36 am
Hello,

At times - maybe one out of every 10 times a page on my site loads, the links - whether they're in article titles, or tabs, menu items - don't appear to work.

What is actually happening is, if you mouse around an article title, for example, there is a very small area 5pixels maybe?, that is clickable - and brings you to the right page. This is extremely frustrating when you have an article title in the sidebar that is about 1.5x1.5" and you mouse over it and nothing happens - unless you hit that very small sweet spot.

Has anyone ever seen this? Any ideas?

I'm running 2.5 - everything seems to be working, ALMOST all the time

Thank you for any help!!
Rob

I have never heard of such an issue ever before.

Maybe disable SEF and retest?

What exactly is failing?

What else have you installed?

12 years 1 month ago #194141 by trident50
Sorry for the late reply - the issue was a buffering problem with my router.....when a page was loaded, and the links were not working, if I let that page site for 30 seconds or so, they would start to work.

Installed a new router - everything is fine!

Thank you everyone!
Rob

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn