Pre-Sale Questions

13 years 4 months ago #147480 by ThaiM
Pre-Sale Questions was created by ThaiM
My client may be looking for a new host. Currently we have CB and CBSubs.

If we move here for hosting, will it already be installed and we just need to migrate over the existing data? Is it that simple? Or is it a bare account and we have to manually install CB and CBSubs all over again?

Also, other than Joomlapolis (which I'm assuming is where this site is hosted), are there any other sites hosted by you guys that I can view to compare speeds? Ones with CB and CBSubs?

Thanks.

Post edited by: ThaiM, at: 2010/12/01 21:09

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #148267 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Pre-Sale Questions

If we move here for hosting, will it already be installed and we just need to migrate over the existing data? Is it that simple? Or is it a bare account and we have to manually install CB and CBSubs all over again?

It is a bare account, but you should be able to pull your site off FTP then upload it to your new Joomlapolis hosting account.

You'll then need to export your database from your old host and import it to your new Joomlapolis hosting account.

Once the move is done you'll need to edit configuration.php to point to your new Joomlapolis hosting account.

Another option is to pack your site with Akeeba backup. Install (we've an easy to use install script) the latest Joomla followed by installing Akeeba and restore from that backup (assuming Akeeba allows movements like this).

Also, other than Joomlapolis (which I'm assuming is where this site is hosted), are there any other sites hosted by you guys that I can view to compare speeds? Ones with CB and CBSubs?

We for obvious legal and privacy reasons can't divulge client information. However, my personal site seen in my signature is hosted on Joomlapolis BRONZE package (lowest package) with CBSubs (NO configuration from my end, install and was good to go; as in didn't need to prepare ioncube or openssl etc..).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantgcorbazkrileon
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn