Integrations restrictions based on K2 Content

13 years 1 day ago - 13 years 1 day ago #161322 by D1on
Hi,

Is there a plugin in the works or an option to restrict access to K2 content via the CBSubs Integration settings restrictions?

We are using K2 for content and can't see how to easily restrict K2 Content items with CBSubs...

I know you could individually restrict access by URL path within CBSubs, but it would be better if K2 content could be selected and restricted like Joomla content using the CBSubs Integration --> Content tab options.

With the huge popularity of K2, there should be a plugin or integration option within CBSubs to also restrict content items from K2.

This would be a great addition/feature for CBSubs.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 day ago #161323 by nant
Actually we are collaborating with the K2 team to implement better integration between our extensions K2 and CB.

When this happens the way will open up for CBSubs integration also.

In the meantime perhaps URL-parts restriction could help.

13 years 1 day ago #161324 by D1on
That's great news Nick.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Hopefully this integration will happen soon, any idea when this may happen?

Looking forward to new opportunities with CB+CBSubs and K2 integration.

12 years 11 months ago #161798 by brentc
This would be a huge help for me as well. In the meantime, can you explain how the URL restrictions work? I'm not finding that in the docs... and would this show the intro text and hide the main article as the content plugin does?

12 years 11 months ago #161815 by nant

brentc wrote: This would be a huge help for me as well. In the meantime, can you explain how the URL restrictions work? I'm not finding that in the docs... and would this show the intro text and hide the main article as the content plugin does?

I believe the Documentation describes this.

You need to find the unsefed url you are trying to restrict and select the common portion to put in the url-parts parameter.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #180625 by gekko_505
I cannot find anything on "URL-part" in the doc either ...

Could you please point to wehre ti find URL-parts and - if then still needed - how to use that - althou most time things are selfexplaining to me plus well-explained per tooltips.

Anyway i cant find it in CB or CBSubs either ... : /

EDIT : I found it: searching the docs for "URL part" gets more than one result ^^
( i searched for the keyword containing "-", since here in the forum it's allways refered as "URL-part". )

For other readers : You can find it in the Plans unter : Integrations -> Extensions -> By URL parts.

And one spezific tip, taht might save a lot of nerves to some of you :

When u test it: It might seem to not work under the following circumstance, that the user u are testing with has special CMS ACL and that u have configured CBSubs for that ACL to allow accesses anyway ! : ) Example : Might be that Super-Users can see that resticted content anyway, cuz u have set CBSubs so when configuring it ! Just a tip.

Cheers !
The following user(s) said Thank You: flsk13

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.530 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn