ARB issues with Authorize.net

12 years 9 months ago #168762 by jvande
ARB issues with Authorize.net was created by jvande
I have successfully been able to checkout with a subscription plan and capture the funds from Authorize.net. However, on checkout completion I get a system error message:

Subscription payment registration error: Error received from payment gateway: E00017: Start Date must not occur before the submission date.

I have found this on from authorize.net error code list:

API Error Code: E00017
Error Code Text: The startDate cannot occur in the past.
Description: The subscription start date cannot occur before the subscription submission date. (Note: validation is performed against local server date, which is Mountain Time.)

I have made sure that my Global server time in Joomla is set to Mountain Time, which is my timezone. I don't know if there is further settings I need to modify within CB or CB Subs plugin. Maybe someone knows what I am doing wrong? I figure maybe something isn't quite right with my subscription plan too. I have the plan to "Yes: subscribe user to automatic recurring payments (*)" but apparently there is some type of global time conflict. So the payment captured does not get registered as a Recurring Billing Transaction at Authorize.net. So I have success to upgrade to this plan and send payment, just no automatic monthly payment gets setup. A question I have as well is, does CB Subs communicate with the payment process at the end of every payment period to process transaction? And if the credit card on file expires or does not go through that payment period does that plan automatically get cancelled or expired?

This is an awesome plugin, any help is appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #169089 by jvande
Replied by jvande on topic Re: ARB issues with Authorize.net
No one has had a plan submit for ARB with a return error code of Subscription payment registration error: Error received from payment gateway: E00017: Start Date must not occur before the submission date. ? This defeats the whole purpose of me having monthly subscriptions if they are sending the wrong info such as start date. Submission date should be start date, is this a cb subs bug anyone?

12 years 9 months ago #169790 by jvande
My system keeps setting the start day for ARB subscriptions for days in advanced from the actual payment date, this automatically does not work with authorize.net with will reject making the autorecuring subscription if those two are not the same. I have a trial membership plan setup, when that is up I have a paid auto renewing subscription that my users can upgrade to. Is there something I am missing to do with "renew" and "validity" settings that could be screwing up my StartDate when upgrading plans? This is screwy and rather annoying to have to manually setup the ARB with authorize and change the sub to "autorenew" after the order is placed. I am probably out of sync now too when I have to do that, not sure that authorize will return anything to cb_subs that the system will recognize to let me know that their card has stopped paying, expired, etc... so a lot of manual work here. It's too bad I wish someone could point me in the right direction! Help is appreciated.

12 years 9 months ago #170708 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: ARB issues with Authorize.net
Thanks for reporting precisely the issue.

Sorry for the delay in the initial reply, as we needed to first setup a debug environment to reproduce this CBSubs 1.2.1 regression bug.

I have setup a new test for this issue, and could finally reproduce it, debug it and fix it for very shortly upcomming CBSubs 1.2.2.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 8 months ago #171042 by jvande
Awesome, so I have upgraded my CB Subs to the recently released CB Subs 1.2.2 and now I am no longer seeing the Subscription payment registration error: Error received from payment gateway: E00017: Start Date must not occur before the submission date. message upon payment success. However, I notice that the payment is still not being passed a long as an ARB type in authorize.net. Does CB Subs fire off a payment every month from my system or is the ARB supposed to be setup in Authorize.net ? Just wondering how the communication there works between CB Subs and Authorize or how it should work.

12 years 8 months ago #171051 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: ARB issues with Authorize.net
Authorize.net is triggering the auto-recurring payments that are matured each night at 2 or 3 AM, which will send silent posts to CBSubs if you configured it properly.

You can see the subscriptions in their panel, and cancel or change paayment methods there.

However, those auto-recurring payments will only work properly on live site, not on the staging one.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn