Import Fails

8 years 4 months ago #169703 by byrannewell
I've made some test user profiles in my CB database, and I recently added the CB Subs component. While error testing today, I realized that I needed to have the setting "Allow Free Registered Users" set to "no", else people were able to register and not pay, but still have access to the site.

After adjusting that setting, and creating a new profile but not paying, upon logging in, I correctly get the message that payment is needed, and the user can proceed to pay. Unfortunately, members I created BEFORE the switch, do NOT get that message. They simply cannot login, and there is no option for them to pay.

I realized that the key to solving the issue is the Import tab, but when I try to use it, I get an error message: Importer - error: Not all userId exist, are active (confirmed, approved and enabled) ! innexistant or inactive ids: 98, 63, 64, 100. I checked the database, and there is no user 98—all the other ones are confirmed, approved, and enabled. How do I solve this?
8 years 3 months ago #170026 by krileon

I've made some test user profiles in my CB database, and I recently added the CB Subs component. While error testing today, I realized that I needed to have the setting "Allow Free Registered Users" set to "no", else people were able to register and not pay, but still have access to the site.

Correct, by doing this and not providing a free plan you've effectively blocked users from accessing your site unless they've an active subscription.

After adjusting that setting, and creating a new profile but not paying, upon logging in, I correctly get the message that payment is needed, and the user can proceed to pay. Unfortunately, members I created BEFORE the switch, do NOT get that message. They simply cannot login, and there is no option for them to pay.

This is because the user has absolutely no subscription. When the pay button shows the user has at least some form of a subscription whether that's invalid, expired, doesn't matter. Your existing users are not valid users based upon your setup, but they WOULD have been if that was the setup from the beginning. Please also ensure you've plans made available for Upgrade and plans made available at Registration.

I realized that the key to solving the issue is the Import tab, but when I try to use it, I get an error message: Importer - error: Not all userId exist, are active (confirmed, approved and enabled) ! innexistant or inactive ids: 98, 63, 64, 100. I checked the database, and there is no user 98—all the other ones are confirmed, approved, and enabled. How do I solve this?

You can't import a subscription for a user that does not exist. Please remove the userid of 98 from your import file. You may have an out of sync user database as well. Please run CB tools to ensure your users are synchronized properly then use the import feature again.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Templates - CBSubs - Hosting - Forge - Incubator - GroupJive
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM EST to 4:00 PM EST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
8 years 3 months ago #170040 by byrannewell
I've made sure that I have a plan available for upgrade, and I have it available at registration. I've also removed the offending userid, and ran CB tools. It synced one person, but I still get the error message.

I need to make sure the profiles I created before the CBSubs integration can choose a plan (there is only one, actually), and become paid subscribers. What else could be the reason why the import isn't working?
8 years 3 months ago #170084 by krileon

I need to make sure the profiles I created before the CBSubs integration can choose a plan (there is only one, actually), and become paid subscribers. What else could be the reason why the import isn't working?

If there's only 1 user then there's no need to use the import feature. Simply edit them from user management and give them a subscription.

How are you importing? Through a file? From a usergroup? From an existing plan? If from a file then you need to remove any userids that are erroring out.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Templates - CBSubs - Hosting - Forge - Incubator - GroupJive
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM EST to 4:00 PM EST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #170094 by byrannewell
I'm attempting to import from a usergroup of "registered". Which is why the errors confound me. Also, I was unaware that I could give people subscriptions under user management. I looked and looked for a way to do that, so a little clarification on that would help. There are certainly more than 1 user that I'm needing to give subscriptions to, but that info would be helpful in the future.
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #170131 by byrannewell
Also, Krileon, I looked in the backend of user management, and found the subscription tab to be blank if there was no subscription—no option to change it, either.

Pic below
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.417 seconds