Split line registration fields

12 years 9 months ago #169991 by byrannewell
Split line registration fields was created by byrannewell
The more I delve into CB Subs, the more I'm convinced that it shouldn't be locked down—when I want to edit something, I seem to continually run into road blocks. That notwithstanding, I'm hoping I can accomplish my goal of having more than one registration field on the same line.

Right now, the registration page looks like this:

Field name: |___INPUT BOX_____|

What I'd like, is it to look like this:

Field name: |___INPUT BOX_____| Field name: |___INPUT BOX_____|
Field name: |___INPUT BOX_____| Field name: |___INPUT BOX_____|

Is it possible?

Additionally, is there a quick way of making the registration fields NOT have the alternating background of grey and white?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #170028 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Split line registration fields
The layout has nothing to do with CBSubs. The layout is 100% generated by CB which is 100% open source. At any rate the above can be accomplished using purely CSS or you can alter the registration layout at the below file.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/default.php

The fields rows are generated by the field themselves so you may not be able to edit the layout to the extent you're wanting without altering CBs core files, which I can't advise on doing.

Additionally, is there a quick way of making the registration fields NOT have the alternating background of grey and white?

Yes, with the below CSS.
#registrationTable .sectiontableentry1,
#registrationTable .sectiontableentry2 {
 background-color: white;
}

You can change the color to whatever you like or try setting it to transparent. I recommend adding any custom CSS to the bottom of your Joomla template CSS file.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn