JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup

12 years 7 months ago #176806 by jph6969
I have had an issue installing Community builder on joomla 1.7 and got no help when I pointed this out. I have subsequently completely reinstalled Joommla 1.7 (totally clean not even a template) and been able to successfully install community builder.

I have now purchased CB Subs and get the message

I have checked the documentation and is suggests that I open a ticket and it seems that I have to pay for a higher membership level as well as for the CB Subs Plugin. This is a little bit off putting since I have just paid for the CB Subs plugin.

Could someone please clarify if I do indeed need to pay for further help to get CB Subs installed or even better let me know what to do to fix the problem?

Any help much appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #176808 by nant

jph6969 wrote:
I have now purchased CB Subs and get the message

I have checked the documentation and is suggests that I open a ticket and it seems that I have to pay for a higher membership level as well as for the CB Subs Plugin. This is a little bit off putting since I have just paid for the CB Subs plugin.

Could someone please clarify if I do indeed need to pay for further help to get CB Subs installed or even better let me know what to do to fix the problem?

Any help much appreciated.

Exactly what are you trying to install and how?

Guessing that you are trying to install a CB Plugin using the Joomla Installer instead of the CB Plugin Manager installer.

This is clearly described in detail in the CBSubs documentation.

Please take another look and let me know if things can be further improved in the documentation.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #176948 by jph6969
Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply and you are right on the money!

I missed the requirement for CB Subs to be installed through the CB plugin manager, dispite the fact that this is the second time I've done this! I hold my hands up to not reading the docs as fully as I thought!

I take it from your responce that I am not the only person to do this!!

The only suggestion that I can make about the documentation (which I otherwise find very good) is that you have a 'Cautions and Warnings' section at the begining, before the introduction. Cautions are things that might happen and warnings are things that happen alot.

When i did documentation last time I used a traffic triangles with an exclamation mark such as the ones attached.

Hope that this helps and thanks for pointing me in the right direction :)
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn