Expiry bug in CBSubs 1.2.2 causing blocked users

12 years 5 months ago #182544 by dragonflyit
Having an issue using CBSubs 1.2.2 on Joomla 1.7.1 or 1.7.0, this occurs on existing fully-loaded setups and fresh installs with only a single subscription and user with nothing but CB/CBSubs/CBLogin installed.

If you set the system to both "Allow Free Registered Users - NO" and "Create subscriptions also for free lifetime plans - YES" to force users to re-register on expired login it will only function for the 'Registered' user group and no other groups or combinations thereof.

To reproduce:

1) Set the options I mentioned above
2) Set up one or two plans with Public access.
3) Add a single user with no plan or an expired plan.
4) Add the user to a group other than Registered or multiple groups with or without Registered group included.
5) Attempt to log in with that user.
6) User is told "Your account is blocked" for the first and all subsequent logins and their account is changed to blocked status.

If you leave the user as *ONLY* in the default 'Registered' group everything works as expected -- however this isn't much use to us as our clients have their users assigned to specific and some to multiple groups for page access.

Also if you leave the "Allow Free Registered Users - YES" everything seems to work fine with the CBSubs process accessing it from your profile or a subscription page will allow you to upgrade/renew but does not enforce it or redirect to it on login as we require.

We have the same setup working perfectly on Joomla 1.5.x systems for the same client so I'm sure this is either a problem with CBSubs or Joomla itself. We have attempted to re-build the subscription setup on existing and new test installations of 1.7.0 and 1.7.1 with CB 1.2.2 as well as different servers and all experience the same bug.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #182801 by beat
Which CB version do you have ?

CB 1.2.2 doesn't work on Joomla 1.7 well. Latest CB 1.7.1 fixes most groups issues of CB 1.7. And that can affect CBSubs 1.2.2 too.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 5 months ago #182803 by dragonflyit
Ahoy,

I was referring to CBSubs 1.2.2 not CB -- even with everything updated to the latest versions it still hits the problem.

We've tried Joomla 1.7.0 through 1.7.2 with CommunityBuilder 1.7 and 1.7.1 and CBSubscriptions 1.2.2 in various configurations and even different servers; none of them were successful and all encountered the problem I described.

Thanks.

12 years 4 months ago #183372 by dragonflyit
Hi,

Any news on this? Can anyone reproduce this error? Is there something specific to our setup causing this? Is this a bug? Is this a missing feature?

12 years 4 months ago #185634 by beat
Please PM nant with your email if you want to test newest version which includes a few fixes.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #191864 by mikaelstrom
I have the same issue with my site:
force users to re-register on expired login it will only function for users with the 'Registered' user group.
All other groups(STD Joomla like Publisher ...) will get a "Blocked" message after trying login.

Is there any solution to this?

Running:
Joomla 1.7.3
CB 1.7.1
CBsub 1.2.2
Show subscription plans at registration:= Yes
Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions):= No
Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans:= Yes

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn