expired subscriptions & Docman

12 years 3 months ago #184615 by booman
expired subscriptions & Docman was created by booman
We have an organisation with yearly subscriptions. We have CB subs & Docman , latest versions, installed on Joomla! 1.5.17. I am looking for a simple way to configure things so that if a user’s subscription expires they remain registered but cannot download Docman docs and get a friendly reminder to update their subs. It seems like a simple scenario to me but I can’t find the solution as I plough through the documentation. Could someone please point me in the right direction to get this happening.

TIA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #184621 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: expired subscriptions & Docman
CBSubs comes with a DOCman integration plugin.
Please install it and configure it as described in the documentation.

Protect your documents with DOCman groups and then use CBSUbs to add/remove subscribers to/from DOCman groups.

12 years 3 months ago #184622 by booman
Replied by booman on topic Re: expired subscriptions & Docman
So I take it that subscribers need to be manually added and removed from Docman groups and that it can't be configured to happen automatically when a subscription expires, is that correct?

12 years 3 months ago #184629 by nant

booman wrote: So I take it that subscribers need to be manually added and removed from Docman groups and that it can't be configured to happen automatically when a subscription expires, is that correct?

Once configured all new subscribers will be automatically added to DOCman groups (and new expirations will be removed), but you need to manually initialize existing subscribers if you are modifying an existing plan.

12 years 3 months ago #184636 by booman
Replied by booman on topic Re: expired subscriptions & Docman

nant wrote: Once configured all new subscribers will be automatically added to DOCman groups (and new expirations will be removed), but you need to manually initialize existing subscribers if you are modifying an existing plan.

Thanks for your help Nick,

So far we blocked all expired suscriptions then manually created a "financial members" group. Then in each of our 3 subscription plans I assigned them to the Docman "financial members" group. Am I on the right path, will this now take care of itself or are more settings needed? and what happens if I now unblock the expired subscribers?

12 years 3 months ago #184637 by nant
I have no idea what you mean by block and unblock.

Guess you can just test one and see.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn