expired subscriptions & Docman

12 years 4 months ago #184638 by booman
Replied by booman on topic Re: expired subscriptions & Docman

booman wrote: So I take it that subscribers need to be manually added and removed from Docman groups and that it can't be configured to happen automatically when a subscription expires, is that correct?

we disabled the users in CB user control so they could not access publications. It the only way we could think of to stop access if expired subscribions. I know it is not the right way but I am trying to figure out how to do it right so they can still log in mange their profile but not get access to publications until their subs are up to date.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #184639 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: expired subscriptions & Docman
I am not sure if CBSubs will expire subscriptions on blocked accounts - you would have to test this.

12 years 4 months ago #184820 by booman
Replied by booman on topic Re: expired subscriptions & Docman

nant wrote: I am not sure if CBSubs will expire subscriptions on blocked accounts - you would have to test this.

Ok we seem to be able to populate our docman "finacial members" group. The problem I have now may be related to Docman so I will post it there too.

If you look at our Docman page here the public get to see the contents of our publications and registered users can download the PDF. What I want it for the public & registered users to be able to see the document descriptions but only the "financial members" group to be able to download the pdf. The document permissions only seem to only apply to 'view' and not 'download' so I can't achieve the desired outcome where unfinancial members are able to see what they are missing out on.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn