Promotion not discounting recurring payments

7 years 1 month ago #207217 by drbob00
HI,

I have Joomla 2.56
Cb 1.81
Cb Subs 2.02

I have also installed the tax and promotions plugins.
I have made a plan successfully and blocked off some menu items to non subscribers and it is all working fine and payments are going through to Paypal fine.

The set-up I want for the site is simple - charge users 3 pound a month for subscription with automatic renewal via Paypal.
I also require many different coupons I can give out to affiliates to give out to users that give a 10% discount on sign up and every months payment.
I made a new promotion and set it to work with Coupon Code with 10% discount of item price.
Applies to registrations:YES Applies to upgrades:YES Applies to renewals:YES
Single payment (and for auto recurring payments subscriptions: First payment amount):YES
For Autorecurring payments subscriptions only: Second and following auto-recurring payments amounts:YES

When I register on the site and enter in the coupon code it is discounting the first payment fine but not the rest.
So it says on the invoice 2.70 % discount and also 3 for every month.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? I need it to discount the first payment and every other payment and make sure it shows on the invoice.
7 years 3 days ago - 7 years 3 days ago #210136 by citydan
I have a similar problem.

I have a promotion that discounts 100% and is set as follows:

Orders triggered by following user actions
Applies to registrations: YES
Applies to upgrades: YES
Applies to renewals: YES
And is discounted from basket orders' amounts for
Single payment (and for autorecurring payments subscriptions: First payment amount):
YES
For Autorecurring payments subscriptions only: Second and following auto-recurring payments amounts: YES

Joomla 2.5.7
CB 1.8.1
CB Subs 2.0.2

When people use my coupon it tells them that the first year is free but that it will recur thereafter at $228/year (my full price). I am trying to set it so that they will be free forever.

But it should say that it's free forever. What am I missing?
6 years 11 months ago #210455 by citydan
Can anyone comment on this? Is this a known issue in the bug-tracker? Or is one of my settings mis-configured? Surely someone has hit this issue before?

I would like the membership to be auto-recurring for people who don't have the coupon, but for some I am trying to give them a 'forever free' membership of the same CBSubs plan. They are being scared off because they are being asked by PayPal for payment information and it tells them that in 1 year they will pay full price to renew (thus making me a liar for saying that it's forever free). Does anyone know if the discount will still apply next year when these plans are set to renew?
6 years 11 months ago #210832 by citydan
Bump.

Is there truly a way to make a "forever free" promotion code for a subscription plan that without the coupon code is 1 year auto-recurring?
6 years 11 months ago #210834 by nant

citydan wrote: Bump.

Is there truly a way to make a "forever free" promotion code for a subscription plan that without the coupon code is 1 year auto-recurring?

Sorry - please post in the Profession forums - we don't monitor this area as often.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.381 seconds
Facebook Twitter Google LinkedIn