Advanced Membership Access Levels

14 years 11 months ago #95927 by hjames
Advanced Membership Access Levels was created by hjames
Ok, like everyone else I am up in the air but the documentation I have read looks good and if its going to work and do what I need it to do I have some questions on how exactly this will happen, first see the quote here:

Advanced Membership business cases

CBSubsTM can be used to create subscription plans that give extra privileges to members based on their subscribed plans. Example: enable gallery tab for paid members, give extra quota based on advanced subscription plan, provide profile-blog or profile-wall tab to paid members, give authoring privileges, protect access to specific components (e.g., only paid members can submit directory items). The possibilities are endless.

Not only has it coped with the demands of the client it has actually made life easier for the users as CB Subs controls access to lots of different site elements. This includes access at component level, section, category and article levels, as well as accessing specific URLs. Now they can amend their own Sobi2 entries without waiting for approval from a moderator/admin.

And lets say I have a Component (Video's) and want Paid Subscribers to have access but Non-Paid Subscribers to not have access. How is that accomplished?

Second, CBSubs looks ok but I have some ideas on how I can improve the overall appearance of the program. What is the extent of the encryption? Is it based on HUGE single files like the CB Suite? or is it based on templates, individual files and only KEY/Critical files are encrypted?

Like most people, I need it to flow with my site and be user friendly so if I need to add some code to display some text providing the user instructions I want to be able to do so.

For example a payment flowchart so users see that they are at step 1/3, etc...

I think you get what I am saying.

Based on the response from this post I will either buy or wait a short while longer.

Thanks,
James

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #95938 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Advanced Membership Access Levels
hjames wrote:

Ok, like everyone else I am up in the air but the documentation I have read looks good and if its going to work and do what I need it to do I have some questions on how exactly this will happen....

And lets say I have a Component (Video's) and want Paid Subscribers to have access but Non-Paid Subscribers to not have access. How is that accomplished?

Access is restricted by the component in the Plan Settings.

Second, CBSubs looks ok but I have some ideas on how I can improve the overall appearance of the program. What is the extent of the encryption? Is it based on HUGE single files like the CB Suite? or is it based on templates, individual files and only KEY/Critical files are encrypted?

Right now you can use CSS and Firefox's Firebug to change the template, but the release following the maintenance release coming up will be much easier to change (per Beat in another post)

Like most people, I need it to flow with my site and be user friendly so if I need to add some code to display some text providing the user instructions I want to be able to do so.

For example a payment flowchart so users see that they are at step 1/3, etc...

I think you get what I am saying.

Based on the response from this post I will either buy or wait a short while longer.

Thanks,
James

Best thing is to take the 10-day money back guarantee and take it for a spin yourself.
:)

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn