Error

Please login first

Chronoforms to CBSubs

14 years 9 months ago #106899 by daemonhunt
Replied by daemonhunt on topic Re:Chronoforms to CBSubs

Register the user, redirect them to the plan page. That is your option. Ensure initial fields have been selected and it will populate for the user.

This is terrible workflow and it is not a solution but a patchy work-around to something that isn't quite right. My client agrees it seems ridiculous to have to register username/password first, then fill in further details in a form after logging in instead of at registration time. It becomes even more complicated if you throw email verfication into the mix, confusing many people.

Like I keep repeating, the CB forms are ungainly and ugly to use when one has many extra custom fields, so I choose NOT to use them. Just a big long page with fields/drop-downs and checkboxes all in a vertical row.

I need to use a custom form somewhere and Chronoforms was initially the best fit, but then they have no idea about CB Subs at all, and no way of even looking at how to integrate because it's ioncube encoded.

You mentioned tabs before as a work-around to ugly CB forms and you spoke of them as a "possibilty". That's about as much help as me telling you it's "possible" to build a spaceship with a ball of twine and some tin-foil. Why are developers so frustratingly myopic?

If only the redirect by plan worked properly. See my other post:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,88/id,106898/#106898

Post edited by: daemonhunt, at: 2009/08/03 23:46

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #106913 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Chronoforms to CBSubs
A user does not have to fill out additional fields, again you can set the invoice fields to be PRE FILLED by selecting the fields that will fill them from CBSubs Settings. A user registers, it then will populate with those field values. It does not matter where the user is coming from; albeit Chronoforms or CB, it does not matter. As long as the FIELD in _comprofiler is populated with the value from wherever you want to populate it from; the invoice will grab its value. Again, as long as the value from the form you're submitting using Chronoforms is saving the info the the comprofiler table and the userid is valid it will populate the form. Then all that remains is sending the user to plan selection URL.

CB registration page is customizable with CSS and even more advanced step is to develop a plugin to use JS and manipulate the registration form. This could result in tabs, show/hide drop-downs, etc... There are triggers to control the registration form (see tutorials in my signature for trigger help).

You also do not have to use email confirm or admin approval, you can use instant approval if you see fit.

Again, bypassing CBSubs checks is not an option at this time and as far as I know it isn't planned either. When a user begins a purchase it creates a payment basket and many other "behind the scenes" activity. It is not just a URL to go to; this is why you need to send the user to the plan purchase page, which all of this is easily and fluently done using CBs registration form.

Developing CBSubs for another component is basically out of the question. When CBSubs API becomes available then 3rd party developers will be capable of developing integrations into CBSubs and doing as you're wanting, but I don't have details of this so don't know if that'll even be possible.

I've given 2 possible options. Manipulating the registration form IS possible, but will take some JS work and a CB plugin. CB has a full library of jQuery plugins at its disposal, many of which could come to use in doing such manipulation.

I'm sorry, but I just don't think what you're wanting is doable at this time.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/08/04 04:18

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 9 months ago #106947 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Chronoforms to CBSubs
Yet another possibility for the 1-button purchase scenario:

IF you do the CB registration with Chronoforms independantly from CB, then you could simply login the user into Joomla and then redirect with the plan's link to CBSubs.

IF the introduction and conclusion texts are empty AND you have a single payment gateway active, THEN the invoice won't be shown, and you will be automatically redirected to the payment (e.g. Paypal) by CBSubs from that link.

MAYBE that's an easy solution for integrating CBSubs the way I understand you are wishing.

OR: you could do a very simple registration with CB with minimal fields and payment, and do rest in Chronoforms.

Btw: I don't agree with your "ugly" statement, but "ugly" is anyway a question of taste, and CB is highly customizable with CSS, provided you have a CSS expert at hand.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 9 months ago #107752 by daemonhunt
Replied by daemonhunt on topic Re:Chronoforms to CBSubs
Thanks Beat you helped me a little. Krileon confirmed for me on another post that redirects upon login by plan are not functioning correctly (bug), and I find this is ironic considering I have been pulling my hair out thinking I was making mistakes trying this method at yours and Krileons suggestions.

I will say that I have read many of your other posts on this forum and I like your answers as they are a little more concise than Krileon's, so thank you.

The way my form works now doesn't make my client very happy and I'll describe it to you as it stands for now until you guys can perhaps help me figure this out later. There are a couple of weird bugs too so read on:

PROBLEM WITH THIS FORM BEFORE I START: User Registers, then logs in for first time, then chooses plan (and optionally pays), then has to log in again. Convuluted illogical flow sorry. If the [redirect on first login by plan] bug that Krileon mentioned was fixed that may help the sign-up order a little, but not completely... My client believes that user should choose plan as he registers, and unfortunately I cannot make this work with Chronoforms involved. So:

1) User fills out my multipage chronoform which, along with custom data that is transferred into CB via the chronoform to CB plugin, also contains regular registration fields.

2) User upon first login is presented with my 2 plans which they must choose. *** BUG: if they don't do this here and now and click away from the page for some reason, when they go to log in again they are just given an error message saying

* Login denied! Your account has either been blocked or you have not activated it yet. Did you not get an activation e-mail and follow the validation link?* Login denied! Your account has either been blocked or you have not activated it yet. Did you not get an activation e-mail and follow the validation link?

Yes, that's right, it not only shows this error, but it shows it twice! This is going to cause problems with some of the people signing up to the site. We have a potential user base of 20,000+ people, so you do the math what percentage of people are going to get stuck with just this issue. In the CB user manager back-end they simply remain unactivated, and they cannot further their subscription on the front end without intervention from an administrator :-(

3) If a plan is successfully checked on this window (all CB fields hidden per plan), then the user goes to pay (or not in terms of the free plan), which works okay so far.

4) Then the user is told to log in again! How annoying!

So there we go guys. This is the best I could come up with based on weeks of stress and waiting 12 hours each time for you to post back on this forum because of time zone differences.

PS. Beat, I am a CSS expert, just not a MySQL, or JS expert. I would love to see a nice example of a complex CB form designed using just CSS if you have a link, or even a nice in-depth tutorial or something. I'm curious.

Post edited by: daemonhunt, at: 2009/08/12 07:22

14 years 9 months ago #107766 by blekkie
Replied by blekkie on topic Re:Chronoforms to CBSubs
i would like to have a good tutorial also with
incorparating chronoforms cb and cbsubs...

@ deamonhunt i am afraid you will have to search a programmer.

14 years 9 months ago #107770 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Chronoforms to CBSubs
daemonhunt wrote:

My client just saw the CB form versus the Chronoform and understood my issue.

Maybe you could PM me (click on the icon bottom left of this post) the same info, together with your email and skype id ?

Somehow I have the feeling that solving the original issue might be faster and cheaper than trying to recoup the effects of a combined solution.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds