Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How to Have an Upgrade Plan NOT show...

• delliott
  • delliott
14 years 4 months ago #120339 by delliott
How to Have an Upgrade Plan NOT show... was created by delliott
Hello

2 Questions:

I'm using the latest version of CBSubs on the latest version of CB on Joomla 1.5.15.

the website is www.lps.cc

Question 1:
My question is, registered users can see an "upgrade subscription" if they are "registered". However, I really want to limit it to if they are "registered" and the are also a current subscriber to an existing plan--just one plan.

How do I configure this?

Question 2:
for offline payments, I would really like to get an email that someone just filled out that type of subscription payment type/request. I don't want to have to approve all types of subscriptions, I just a want an FYI email regarding only those types. So I know to expect a payment in the snail mail. I cannot see how to configure this option either.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 4 months ago #120344 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:How to Have an Upgrade Plan NOT show...
Q1: Please be more specific, I don't understand what you're asking. You want plans available to registered, but not registered? :blink:

Q2: "Pending" emails are not yet available, which is needed for Offline payments. Emails won't send to administrators for offline payments due to this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• delliott
  • delliott
14 years 4 months ago #120348 by delliott
Replied by delliott on topic Re:How to Have an Upgrade Plan NOT show...
Ok, to clarify my first question here is the exact scenario. My club site has memberships.

1. Individual @$25/yr or Family at $35 per year.

If an individual has paid their $25 already, they could upgrade to a Family membership and pay the $10 difference. So I created a 2nd family membership plan that costs $10. I don't want it to be available for brand new subscriptions. I only want it to be offered as an upgrade to those who have already registered and paid for the Individual membership.

The way it is showing now is that I can mark it to not be an option for new subscriptions. However, marking it as an upgrade makes it show up as an upgrade option for both the current individual memberships and the current family ones. I don't want it to show for those who are aleady "family" memberships (the first family subscription plan I created that is $35 / year).

Hopefully that makes more sense. So, in a nutshell, I just want it to be an upgrade option for those who are already in the JUST the individual membership plan.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 4 months ago #120377 by krileon
Ok, I understand now; please try the following setup.

Parent :: Plan 1 - Individual, 25/yr, Exclusive, no upgrade, no pro-rate
Child :: Plan 2 - Family, 10/yr, non-Exclusive, upgrade, no pro-rate

This essentially combines the 3 plans into two, but if you prefer you can add a 3rd.

Parent :: Plan 3 - Family, 35/yr, Exclusive, no upgrade, no pro-rate
OR
Parent :: Plan 3 - Family, 35/yr, Exclusive, upgrade, pro-rate

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/12/30 15:00

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• delliott
  • delliott
14 years 4 months ago #120402 by delliott
Replied by delliott on topic Re:How to Have an Upgrade Plan NOT show...
THANK YOU!!

That worked exactly like I'd hoped. Thanks!

Any idea on when the notification email functionality might go into CBSubs?

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 4 months ago #120407 by krileon
delliott wrote:

THANK YOU!!

That worked exactly like I'd hoped. Thanks!

Fantastic! Thank you for confirming the solution worked.

Any idea on when the notification email functionality might go into CBSubs?

Unfortunately I do not know, sorry. Best I can suggest is when it is done and ready. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon