How do you display the actual expiry date of...

14 years 1 month ago #127375 by DreamRaven
any given user?

I can find the details in the admin area, but none of my users can find the information from their profile...

I have tried many different options, and I have searched through the CBSubs forum, found out a number of things that were interesting, but not what I was looking for!

HELP!

Cheers
DR

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #127380 by krileon
The expiration of a subscription is seen after subscribing within the Subscriptions tab on a users profile. Please see the following example.

1 year Active, expiring on 03/19/2011

You could also add the expire date to the invoice via editing the payment title text (this is is the text displayed under the Item column). Please see the parameter Payment invoice item text on the Price tab of your plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #127385 by DreamRaven
Hi

That was where I was expecting it, but it isn't showing in my implementation... I have attached a screenshot of the subscriptions tab from a subscribing member to this post. It describes the subscriptions available, how long they last and their cost, but not the length of time the current subscription might last for...

Which I guess means that maybe I have changed a setting somewhere in the system that hides it, but for the life of me I cannot find what is turned off or hidden...

If I can find that, I would like to be able to place it on another tab, if possible, either by itself or at the same time as it appearing else where...
Attachments:

14 years 1 month ago #127644 by krileon
The expiration date does not show until you've actually subscribed to a plan. What you're seeing is its duration. To my knowledge there is no way to display its expiration before subscribing as the database row which would store the expiration does not exist (as you've not subscribed to the plan yet).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #134037 by DreamRaven
Thanks for that reply...

It has been a little delayed in response. I do have the expiry date displaying on the subscription tab

Is it possible to show it elsewhere (such as on the 'contact details' tab)? This is the landing tab for the user and my client would like them to know how long they have left of their subscription without having to dig for it.

I cannot even find the .php page that calls a function to display it, or anywhere in the comprofile/cbsubs scripts that shows it on the page that you mentioned...

DreamRaven

13 years 10 months ago #134225 by krileon

Is it possible to show it elsewhere (such as on the 'contact details' tab)? This is the landing tab for the user and my client would like them to know how long they have left of their subscription without having to dig for it.

No, currently CBSubs substitutions can't be used in Delimiter fields otherwise yes you could do that. You could (when the new plugins are available) use CBSubs substitutions in CBSubs Fields integration to update a field with a users expiration date then display the field anywhere you so please (recommend setting the field to Read Only).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn