Question about testing

14 years 5 days ago #130665 by metricton
Question about testing was created by metricton
OK, another developer purchased CBSubs for a company and then handed the project off to me. However, we have the test site on just a standard IP address with no domain name associated with it. We cannot point the real domain because it is a live site and is still being used. We will only be able to point to the new site when everything is fully transferred. Nonetheless, I believe the original developer only purchased the unlimited for just the domain and not the IP.

So, my question is there anyway to be able to test it on the test site with the same key code originally purchased for the domain, even though it is just an IP with no domain associated? If not, is there anyway to get a temporary one for the test site?

Thanks,
Aaron

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 days ago #130669 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Question about testing
metricton wrote:

OK, another developer purchased CBSubs for a company and then handed the project off to me. However, we have the test site on just a standard IP address with no domain name associated with it. We cannot point the real domain because it is a live site and is still being used. We will only be able to point to the new site when everything is fully transferred. Nonetheless, I believe the original developer only purchased the unlimited for just the domain and not the IP.

So, my question is there anyway to be able to test it on the test site with the same key code originally purchased for the domain, even though it is just an IP with no domain associated? If not, is there anyway to get a temporary one for the test site?

Thanks,
Aaron

The CBSubs license is floating, so you can use it on a test site and on a live site. It does not lock you into any specific domain.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds