[SOLVED] Remove site URL from email subject lines

13 years 4 months ago #150041 by startup
Hi,

Is it possible to remove my site's URL from the subject lines of the emails that are sent by CBSubs when configuring the emails under 'Email workflow texts' in a plan's 'Presentation' tab? For example, 'Email on first activation', 'Email on expiration', etc.?

When I configure the subject line, for example, as:

'Welcome to MyService', then subject line in the email that actually gets sent is 'www.MyService.com - Welcome to MyService'.

Thank you!

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2011/01/04 21:44

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #150052 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Remove site URL from email subject lines
This is done internally, so no it can't be removed; sorry. What's being appended is the Sitename as configured in Joomla global configuration. I recommend adjusting the Joomla global to better suit the emails and appearance of the site. The identifier basically keeps your emails from hitting spam boxes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #150057 by startup
Replied by startup on topic Re:Remove site URL from email subject lines
Thank you, Krileon! I was kinda afraid that would be the reason. I am reluctant of removing the URL from global site config because I think it's important to keep it there to have that show in other places where it might be needed.

Maybe it could be made optional in a future version so that admins can choose to include it in email subjects?

Thank you again!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn