Combining merchandise and plans

11 years 11 months ago #200286 by orangeapple
Combining merchandise and plans was created by orangeapple
I'm very new to CBSubs, however I've worked out how to create plans and merchandise items.

What I'd like to be able to do is have a combined plan and merchandise so that customers can make a single purchase for both, like a product that includes an annual membership with it.

Is this possible, and if so, how?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #200373 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Combining merchandise and plans
yes, just make them non-exclusive of each other, each in "Edit Plan", first tab.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

11 years 11 months ago #200380 by orangeapple
Replied by orangeapple on topic Re: Combining merchandise and plans
I may not have explained myself properly.

I meant so that the customer can select just one product, eg it might be listed something like:

Superwidget (including annual subscription) $X

..and they actually end up with two items behind the scenes, the product (Superwidget) and the subscription. The price of $X is the combined value of the subscription and the product.

11 years 11 months ago #200393 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Combining merchandise and plans

orangeapple wrote: I may not have explained myself properly.

I meant so that the customer can select just one product, eg it might be listed something like:

Superwidget (including annual subscription) $X

..and they actually end up with two items behind the scenes, the product (Superwidget) and the subscription. The price of $X is the combined value of the subscription and the product.

No worries: one more trial of reply with a suggestion:

1) Make the merchandise plan child of the user subscription plan,
2) make the merchandise exclusive/mandatory + default, and
3) configure user subscription plan to hide children plans when not selected :)

You need with the above one merchandise plan with each subscription plan.

(or you can integrate all features/integration of the merchandise plan into the subscription instead of the above)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn