[SOLVED] PHP fatal error Out of memory

14 years 10 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #99883 by n_tag
Hi, having built my (Joomla 1.5, CB 1.2) site with CBsubs locally I now have moved it up to a host (www.e-noise.com).

The rest of Joomla is working perfectly howver the CBSubs pages often don't load (Internal Server error) or they will load but then clicking "Close" fails.

I cannot access the PLANS at all or the SETTING page. When I navigate:

Components>CB>PluginManagement>CB Paid Subscritions I have to press F5 many times in order for the page to render, often getting unformated text (but sometimes the propoer page!)

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

**The host is PHP 5.0, MySQL 4.0, IonCube installed, CURL supported and enabled, OpenSSL installed.

**Having found another post ( www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,98295/catid,48/limit,6/limitstart,6/ )with a simliar issue I'm thinking it must be a memory issue? I cant get to the server logs yet

**Ok, I have got access to the server logs and it is as expected, PHP Fatal error: Out of memory. I have attached a subset of the log file.

Post edited by: n_tag, at: 2009/05/25 18:19

Post edited by: n_tag, at: 2009/05/27 13:57
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #99890 by n_tag
Log file attached.

Attachment Error_Log.txt not found

Post edited by: n_tag, at: 2009/05/25 18:18
Attachments:

14 years 10 months ago #99913 by SCLRWeb
Sounds like you are also on 1and1 Hosting...

real memory limit there is 20mb... however the only issue is the settings page when the license is invalid...

I need to know if we can manually enter the license into the mysql tables. Then test to see if the settings work correctly...

is the cbsubs_config table correct?

if someone could create a quick script with "put your license here" setup and we'd be off and running to see if it works after that... at least worth a shot!

14 years 10 months ago #99919 by beat
hmossessi wrote:

Sounds like you are also on 1and1 Hosting...

real memory limit there is 20mb... however the only issue is the settings page when the license is invalid...

I need to know if we can manually enter the license into the mysql tables. Then test to see if the settings work correctly...

is the cbsubs_config table correct?

if someone could create a quick script with "put your license here" setup and we'd be off and running to see if it works after that... at least worth a shot!

I doubt it's only settings which would not work, it's the only one you see before entering the license key, but the plan settings edit in backend is even bigger...lots of possibilities...

As already told somewhere else, if your hoster doesn't want to give you more than 20 megs, maybe it's time to look around for a new one.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 10 months ago #100082 by n_tag
Replied by n_tag on topic SOLVED PHP fatal error Out of memory
Having had over 30 emails back and forth with my host I can now tell everyone how I fixed my memory_limit issue.

The host has set the php memory_limit to 128mb (confirmed via my own php info page). The host denied it was that high and just told me to up it via either an .htaccess file or a custom php.ini file. Neither of these worked.

In the end after some digging I found it was nothing to do with the php mem limit. It was infact an apache limit the host had set. I then overcame this by creating a .htaccess file in the folder;

/public_html/administrator

with the code:

[code:1]RLimitMEM MAX MAX[/code:1]

This allows any script in the directory to max out the apache memory limit and CBSubs is all working again!

I hope this will help others in the future who have the same problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RCheesley, mel.blakey

14 years 10 months ago #100154 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:SOLVED PHP fatal error Out of memory
n_tag wrote:

In the end after some digging I found it was nothing to do with the php mem limit. It was infact an apache limit the host had set. I then overcame this by creating a .htaccess file in the folder;

/public_html/administrator

with the code:

[code:1]RLimitMEM MAX MAX[/code:1]

This allows any script in the directory to max out the apache memory limit and CBSubs is all working again!

I hope this will help others in the future who have the same problem.

Wow, I learned yet another Apache param today... thanks for sharing B)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: RCheesley, mel.blakey

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn