Setup member plans, expire same date?

14 years 10 months ago #100097 by mmccormick
Setup member plans, expire same date? was created by mmccormick
I am working through setup of CB 1.0.1 w/joomla 1.5.10. Very easy to use so far! Want to set those plans up the right way as parents/children though. Here's what I have:

A: (Regular Member Plan): Annual fee / access all restricted info/areas / activation on payment

B: (Affiliate Member Plan): Reduced annual fee ($5 off) / access all reg info / payment, then send proof of affil before activated

C: (Student Member): Free / access some areas / register, then send proof of "studenthood" b4 activated

D: (Lifetime): Free / access all / register, send proof of 10-year membership b4 activated [may need to be handled backend only as these are few]

These 4 are mandatory and exclusive -- must pick ONE plan. All are for one year, all expire at 12/31 each year.

There are add-ons to membership that I will call subscriptions:

Plan x: Directory Subscription: pay additional fee to be listed in public directory / once you pay the option to "show in directory" is set to Yes (already setup these fields).

Plan y: Square Banner subscription: pay addl to have small banner for 1-12 months

Plan z: Long Banner subscription: pay addl to have large banner for 1-12 months

Questions:
  • How would I structure this so they pick one from A-D and then are offered "add-ons" of x-z? Are A-D "parents" and how can x-z be made their children (for A, B, D only)?
  • How best to handle expiration of all members on certain day (manually?)?
  • How to notify members of expiration on certain day of year (12/31) so they pay again?
  • Price for dues increases by $10 after a certain date of year -- should I just change the date manually on the plan or is their a better way?
  • Are x-z better handled by some other means (esp. banners)?

Thanks for any suggestions -- esp on the same date expiration issue.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #100158 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Setup member plans, expire same date?
wow, lots of questions. :)

- you can mix exclusive (mandatory, radio) and non-exclusive (non-mandatory options, checkboxes) plans on any level (parent or child-plans) :)

Example: here: donation is a (welcome) option at registration :)

- price changes can't be scheduled in advance.

- normally, by 12/31 we should have some cool marketing add-ons available :)

- just choose "Calendar Year" for automatic mass expiry on 12/31...and automatic email at expiry ;)

- sudden manual mass-expiries: right now manually one by one, or an SQL query on jos_cbsubs_subscriptions state and expiry_date columns (at your own risk, mention clearly in support requests if you do that....)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 9 months ago #103876 by littlewyvern
Replied by littlewyvern on topic Re:Setup member plans, expire same date?
Is there a way that I can set a specific non-end-of-year date to be the plan expiration date? For example, I need all subscriptions to Plan A to expire on say, February 1st...

If that's not already built into the Plan setup functionality is this something that I might be able to accomplish using the SQL plugin to update the member's database record directly? That seems a bit of an odd way to do things, but also seems like it might work, right?

14 years 2 months ago #123047 by c00ld00d
Replied by c00ld00d on topic Re:Setup member plans, expire same date?
I'm interested/in need of this too. Has anyone gotten this to work?

I have several subscription models on my site, but need them all to expire 6/30 each year.

14 years 2 months ago #123067 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Setup member plans, expire same date?
This feature is not implemented; we've created a feature request ticket for it though and users have found various workarounds as seen here . ;)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn