Time based content access

14 years 7 months ago #109411 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Time based content access
toddfletcher wrote:

The main issue is that we are an online training site (ie school). Training content needs to be metered out to students over a year's time - and they all start at which ever month they first subscribe, but need to be given access only to a section of training per month. And they cannot be given a chance to subscribe to another course once they begin.

Thanks again for your time and help

Todd

One could create a mambot that looks at a CB field that contains the start date you mentioned and hides specific content in all training articles and shows them only when appropriate.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #109478 by toddfletcher
Replied by toddfletcher on topic Re:Time based content access
Great. How much would you charge to develop it?

Todd

14 years 5 months ago #116197 by mknz
Replied by mknz on topic Re:Time based content access
I'd be interested in finding out this too.

14 years 3 months ago #122081 by joshcarr6
Replied by joshcarr6 on topic Re:Time based content access
This is EXACTLY what I need too. Same scenario as described here. I want to release content to each user from their original signup date. We want to "open up" new articles each week for our users. If they keep their subscription for 52 weeks they will have 52 articles.

I am willing to pay for this functionality if anyone can develop it for me.

14 years 3 months ago #122082 by mknz
Replied by mknz on topic Re:Time based content access
Same here. If we can get a quote on it, I'd be willing to put a price on my contribution.

14 years 3 months ago #122143 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Time based content access
We've no plans or intentions at this time to do such development; please examine CB API usage as well as how to structure Joomla mambot/plugins in order to accomplish your needs. You can use CB API inside the mambot/plugin by seeing tutorials in my signature for Include CB API and Establishing $user.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds