[SOLVED] Content available for multiple plans

14 years 5 months ago #117044 by lascolat
Being a newbie to all things web development, I have managed to do quite a bit through manuals and forums. Plus CBSubs is my first paid component (as well as doc sub) and was well worth it. Enough promo......

My issue that I can not seem to resolve is how to make content available in multiple plans......

I have a free plan, premium monthly and premium annual. I have restricted all site access except the home page and sign in/register modules so you must sign up for free to have any access. To have access to all content, you need a premium plan. It worked perfectly right away for the free. The issue is, when I test the premium memberships, the additional restricted content works perfectly but the menus and modules I restricted to force free registration do not appear. How can I make it happen so that all the free content appears on the premium plans.

Thank you.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/11/19 15:28

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #117056 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Content available for multiple plans
Protection works in stages. See the below example for help in configuring your installation.

Plan 1 protects Article 1
Plan 2 protects Article 2

I subscribe to Plan 1, but then upgrade to Plan 2. I no longer have access to Article 1, but have access to Article 2. In order to gain access to Article 1 as well as Article 2; Plan 2 must also protect it as well as follows.

Plan 1 protects Article 1
Plan 2 protects Article 1 & 2

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #117217 by lascolat
Replied by lascolat on topic Re:Content available for multiple plans
Works on everything but modules but that is fine.....thanks.....

14 years 4 months ago #118732 by D1on
Replied by D1on on topic Re:Content available for multiple plans
Can this be done without upgrading to Plan 2?

We have multiple registration plans available and have tried blocking access for each plan (using Extensions by URLs), but when user for plan A logs in, they are still blocked for all the other plans.

How can we have users access all areas regardless of what plan they have registered with?

We don't want users to have to upgrade to any of the other plans to gain access to all areas.

Regards,

Dion.

Post edited by: D1on, at: 2009/12/09 16:03

14 years 4 months ago #118736 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Content available for multiple plans
If you want all plans to have the same access then you need to protect all the same stuff with all the plans.

Example:
Plan A - Protects: Section 1
Plan B - Protects: Section 1 & 2

Change to:
Plan A - Protects: Section 1 & 2
Plan B - Protects: Section 1 & 2

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 4 months ago #118738 by D1on
Replied by D1on on topic Re:Content available for multiple plans
Excellent, thanks for the quick reply.

Just tried that and it worked!

Thank you.

Dion.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.637 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn