Upgrade only after previous plan expiration

14 years 4 months ago #118737 by patpat
Hi CB team,

i am familiarizating with CBsubs and trying to configurate it to match to my need.

Need :
Free 3-days trial period with restricted access to content/menus ... (This is PLAN 1)

Then, ONLY after the expiration of this trial period, an Upgrade is proposed to another plan (PLAN 2).

My little problem is that I can't manage to make CBsubs propose Upgrade ONLY after expiration of PLAN1.
The Upgrade proposition is actually done every time the free member tries to reach a restricted content.

Rationale :

I want this function because during the fixed 3-days period, the comunity is rating the new comers to let them be part of the comunity or not.
So I don't need the new comer to be able to upgrade before the expiration.
Then, I check the final rate before the end of the trial period to Block or not the fresh member and let him upgrade.

Thank you in advance

Regards

P.

Post edited by: patpat, at: 2009/12/09 16:45

Nothing's left for invention.
Keep your ears and eyes wide open !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #118739 by krileon
Unfortunately I don't think what you're wanting to do is possible; I can't think of a way to achieve this without having to do custom coding, which you'll have to wait for the API before that can be done.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 4 months ago #118740 by patpat
Hi Krileon,

actually, having this confirmation from you helps a lot (i don't have to spend time in configurating again and again). I'll try other ways to get to a similar result.

For example :
I will hide the Upgrade proposal and make it only available throught the expiration message (inserting the upgrade URL) !

Regards

P.

Post edited by: patpat, at: 2009/12/09 16:51

Nothing's left for invention.
Keep your ears and eyes wide open !

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.328 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn