[SOLVED] Profile visible to ALL by owner's plan

14 years 3 months ago #118901 by Sebastyne
I am building a social dating website on Joomla base, and just bought CB Subs and I am just stoked about it. While I'm still learning to use it I'm considering my options:

Option A: a user gets to add more data in their profile once they pay.

Option B: Everyone can complete their profile, but only paying users get to view them.

Would Option C be possible?: User gets to view everyone's profile once they pay, AND get to show their profile to everyone as well, regardless of the viewers plan? This way, the paying member would open all doors as far as he and his information is concerned.

I think that would be cool, not to say it wasn't cool without it. I'm not quite sure if you can do it already, maybe you can, as I said, I'm still learning. :)

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/12/14 00:35

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #118923 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Profile visible to ALL by owner's plan
Possibly, I don't believe you can protect a users ENTIRE profile, but you can protect a lot of fields/tabs based on subscription. This would allow you to show only VERY basic information on users profiles if they do NOT have a subscription. I recommend trial and error with CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection (see manual for install and parameter instructions) in order to protect various tabs and fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 months ago #118962 by Sebastyne
Replied by Sebastyne on topic Re:Profile visible to ALL by owner's plan
Yes, I'm cool with options A and B how they will work, just as you said, just show very basic stuff, but I was rather asking about option C, would it be possible for a paying member's profile to be visible to everyone in addition to him being able to see everyone else's profiles as well.

Kind of value adding to becoming a full member.

14 years 3 months ago #118968 by krileon
Yes, just have Plan C protect the same stuff Plan A AND Plan B protects. Thus Plan C has complete access the other two plans offer.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 months ago #118973 by Sebastyne
Replied by Sebastyne on topic Re:Profile visible to ALL by owner's plan
I'm not sure if I'm explaining this correctly... Options A, B and C are not plans I'm thinking about, but different setups I could work with. What I am trying to find out - I think it's not possible anyway, just checking - that even though the main settings would say the following (forget what I said earlier):

- Unpaid members would be able to fill out their complete profile by default, but their (extended) profiles are not visible for anyone but paid members.

That's good enough as it is, but I'm curious if I can make it happen so, that this same paid member, who can see everyone else's profile, would have his profile visible to even the unpaid members, because HE paid? Maybe it has to be a separate plan or an add-on? As in "make my profile public to all members regardless of their plan".

I hope I'm starting to make sense.. :D

14 years 3 months ago #119013 by krileon
I understand; yes this again is doable with CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection integration plugin. However, you won't be hiding the entire profile, but rather different tabs or fields. Using Fields Tabs Protection is purely a matter of trial and error until you've figured out the configuration best for your setup. Generally the Detailed parameters of the protection for fields/tabs will provide better control of protection.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.389 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn