[SOLVED] Directory Listing for Paid Members Only

14 years 4 months ago #119103 by coachnet
Hi,

I am currently using SOBI2 on my site www.coachnetwork.com (no CB currently installed).

The paypal integration and renewal process is manual and therefore I am looking for an automated solution.

I believe CB Subs is likely to be the chosen solution, especially as it means the subscriptions and electronic product purchasing can be handled through one system (with remository) and therefore should integrate with one affiliate programme. Big YAY!

My question is about replacing the SOBI2 directory. I'd like the profiles to be displayed similarly to the current setup: coachnetwork.com/for-businesses/find-a-business-coach.html and only paid members should be able to display their profiles in the directory. Is it possible to do this using CB / CB Subs only, or will I need to use another component like Mosets Tree?

I have my fingers crossed I've finally found the solution!

Regards,
Renee

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/01/04 14:32

Renee Hasseldine
CoachNetwork Founder
Life Coaches | Business Coaches | Executive Coaches

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #119108 by coachnet
Replied by coachnet on topic Re:Directory Listing for Paid Members Only
I've been researching this more over the last couple of hours and feeling hopeful that I can do what I need to with just CB Subs (no SOBI or Mosets Tree required). Trying not to count my chickens... but I'm rather excited!

So I just need to know:
1. Can I hide the profiles (from the public and other logged in members) of the registered FREE users? i.e. the user list will be my Coach Directory and should only show profiles of PAID users that have been approved by admin.
2. Can I create categories and sub-categories for my users?
3. I see I can use CB Profile Pro to change the look of an individual profile page... This is great. So is it possible to customise the look of the user list page? i.e. to change a page like this to look more like this . I don't mind if only one column is possible...

More and more hopeful!
Renee

Renee Hasseldine
CoachNetwork Founder

14 years 4 months ago #119145 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Directory Listing for Paid Members Only
  1. No and Yes, you can hide Fields or Tabs of a users profile based on subscriptions using CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection integration. As far as protecting all users profiles it is possible, but would also protect the free users profile (they wouldn't be able to edit themselves!).
  2. Where? For userlists? Don't understand what this means. CB and CBSubs is not a business listing component or anything of the sort like SOBI2 or Mosets Tree.
  3. Am not aware of this profile pro extension; can't advise on that matter. It is possible to redesign the userlist using CSS.

I would recommend using CBSubs in conjunction WITH SOBI2 or Mosets Tree as CB nor CBSubs is designed to function as those two extensions do. You could of course replace listings with CB userlists and use a Drop-Down select field to achieve your "Categories" or users which then users viewing a list could easily filter it by that drop-down of categories.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 months ago #120715 by coachnet
Replied by coachnet on topic Re:Directory Listing for Paid Members Only
Just an update that might help others trying to do a similar thing - I have managed to only show the paid members who become "authors" by using list management to only display authors and then using the filters to break them down into categories.

I've still got a little tweaking to do, but mostly I am satisfied with this solution and quite glad to be using one less component.

Renee Hasseldine
CoachNetwork Founder

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn