SN type controlPanel + custom upgrade prompts

14 years 4 months ago #119592 by daywalker0028
SN type controlPanel + custom upgrade prompts was created by daywalker0028
I need some direction/advise to help me get started in the right direction so I can implement into cbSubs the following:

I want to setup a control panel interface where upon log-in, the user gets redirected to a main control panel displaying a blind summary of restricted content that links to another page displaying details which are viewable only to subscribers.

The page should contain rows of alerts as per the image file included with this thread:

For each of the following examples, a row is dynamically generated with a Link to a 'Details' page which is restricted and viewable only if the owner is a paid subscriber; Otherwise, if the owner is a Free registered user, when they click the link to view details, they're redirected to a CUSTOM UPGRADE PAGE which includes a Flash video/presentation.

** I understand how cbSubs works with protecting content and redirecting user to an upgrade message.

My questions are specifically:

- How to make the examples below work? Do I need to write custom SQL scripts and then call them with the URL add-on?

- How to implement custom upgrade messages which include Flash content (not simply changing text and/or image)

Examples of Usage. These further explain the functions of the control panel image which is included.

1) Whose Viewed Me - display a row for every time another user views the owner's profile.

2) whose favorited me (which other users have added my profile to their favorites.
I realize there is an add-on for favorite links, but i'm not sure if this is the way to go to add favorite user profiles - please advise.

3) Private Message alerts - links to message area which is restricted to paid subscribers.

Mythic Studio
www.mythicstyle.net
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #119594 by krileon
I don't understand what you're protecting. CBSubs is used to protect various aspects of your site based on subscription.

You can edit various messages of CBSubs by editing the language file (page 266), editing the plans (page 132), editing the gateways (page 116), and editing CBSubs global settings (page 91). I recommend reviewing your CBSubs documentation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 months ago #120350 by daywalker0028
Replied by daywalker0028 on topic Re:SN type controlPanel + custom upgrade prompts
My 2 main questions are:

Can I modify the 'english.php' file using tags that allow me to insert icons or images which link to a pop up window of an html page I create myself?

e.g.
<a href="www.mysite/popup_window.html">www.mysite/images/custom_icon.gif" alt="This is my custom image" border="0"/>

My purpose is not just to customize not only text, but also insert a link that pops-up a browser window that contains a Flash/FLV video presentation.
This enables me to use video to improve the effectiveness of my upgrade sales promotions & so user doesn't have to read.

I need to create a custom page with buttons that trigger SQL statements.

If I create a custom page, can I implement that into joomla/cbSubs and then protect it in the cbSubs Plans/Integrations tab/Content subtab?

Mythic Studio
www.mythicstyle.net

14 years 3 months ago #120380 by krileon
Q1: Possibly, just edit the language file and add whatever you want to the language string. Not all language strings support and allow HTML. It's simply trial and error.

Q2: Protect custom page? Sure as long as its a component or article, etc.. I recommend a component if possible, but static article should also be able to accomplish this. You can also add whatever you want to a tab and protect the tab, same for field (use delimiter field). Many options available to achieve what you're wanting. You can also use CBSubs SQL Actions to execute the queries for you upon subscription.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn