[SOLVED] Single plan page? URL for subscribe?

14 years 1 month ago #124286 by chuckbone
So I'm trying to use CBSubs to manage subscriptions to what are basically SMS/text alerts that the user can subscribe to. There are multiple plans, and they are all parent plans ie they are all separate, no child plans or anything. I need users to be able to subscribe to as many of the plans as they wish.

Anyway, it was strange to me that CBSubs doesn't include a page that lists the plans that users can subscribe to. If it does, it's not in the documentation and I couldn't find it. So I'm using Jumi to create both the page that lists the plans (listing them via SQL statements) and a dynamically created page for each plan listing more details, etc.

Basically, I need to know if this is necessary or CBSubs does include single plan view pages (not the suggested subscriptions with the do:displayplans) and what the URL I should use for those who want to subscribe to a plan. I've tried using the displayplans&plans=id url but it just shows a page that says "we suggest you subscribe to the following" and there is nothing listed below. Here are the cases:

>> User that has never subscribed to any plan sees a blank plan list with "suggested subscriptions" or whatever up top at displayplans&plans= page
>> User that has subscribed to a plan before only sees the resubscribe button at the displayplans page for that particular plan they subscribed for. Other plan pages are blank.
>> User that is subscribed to a particular plan sees the unsubscribe button at that plan page, but sees nothing in any other plan page.

I don't want people to subscribe at registration, and they need to subscribe to as many as they wish. Is there a URL that brings them to the subscribe page? Shouldn't it be the displayplans&plans= one? Does CBSubs have a plan view page? Is there a setting I'm missing?

Thanks for the help and sorry for the long post!

Post edited by: chuckbone, at: 2010/02/14 15:34

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/02/16 02:12

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #124357 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Single plan page? URL for subscribe?
Please use the following formats for your URLs. B)

Individual Plan:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans&plans=PLAN_ID

Multiple Plans:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans&plans=PLAN_ID-PLAN_ID-PLAN_ID

All Plans:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #124392 by chuckbone
Replied by chuckbone on topic Re:Single plan page? URL for subscribe?
Thanks for the reply.

As I stated above, the problem is that when I use those URLs, exactly as you gave me, all that is displayed is "we suggest the following subscriptions" and then it's either blank below or lists the only plan that the user is subscribed to. That's it. For the URL that ends with do=displayplans it shows nothing for a logged in user that is not subscribed to any plans. For a logged in user that is subscribed, it will only show the plan they are subscribed to. It's bizarre.

But that's not a problem so much anymore, as I'm using Jumi to make a plan display page with all the plans, and a detailed display that is generated for each plan (same format, just reads the different values from the db).

What I really need to know now is how to create my own subscribe button, completely bypassing the displayplans view. So that when a user clicks on subscribe in my custom view, they are taken to the invoicing page, where they can then pay.

What values do I need to pass in a form to subscribe users from my custom view? Where do I post them? Can this be done?

14 years 1 month ago #124408 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Single plan page? URL for subscribe?

As I stated above, the problem is that when I use those URLs, exactly as you gave me, all that is displayed is "we suggest the following subscriptions" and then it's either blank below or lists the only plan that the user is subscribed to. That's it. For the URL that ends with do=displayplans it shows nothing for a logged in user that is not subscribed to any plans. For a logged in user that is subscribed, it will only show the plan they are subscribed to. It's bizarre.

Ensure your subscriptions tab is published and set to public. Ensure your plans are also published and public as well as allow new registrants. B)

But that's not a problem so much anymore, as I'm using Jumi to make a plan display page with all the plans, and a detailed display that is generated for each plan (same format, just reads the different values from the db).

This won't follow CBSubs restrictions and could be considered a security vulnerability by doing this. :ohmy:

What I really need to know now is how to create my own subscribe button, completely bypassing the displayplans view. So that when a user clicks on subscribe in my custom view, they are taken to the invoicing page, where they can then pay.

You can't. :(

What values do I need to pass in a form to subscribe users from my custom view? Where do I post them? Can this be done?

Not doable. :(

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/02/15 18:40

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #124412 by chuckbone
The plans are public, and published. They are open to new registrations. The subscriptions tab is published, and shows the plan when the user is subscribed. do=displayplans still doesn't show anything.

If I cannot make a subscribe button on my custom list page then I clearly need the plan list to work. Do you have any other suggestions as to why the plans are not showing up?

14 years 1 month ago #124423 by chuckbone
I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled the entire component and integrations, it seems to work now. I have no idea why my published plans wouldn't show up, they were set to show for every user group in the front end, and yet nothing was there. Hopefully I can get what I need going now.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn