[SOLVED] Plan Advice for Print Magazine

14 years 1 month ago #126084 by akasharkbow
[SOLVED] Plan Advice for Print Magazine was created by akasharkbow
I'm setting up different subscription plans for a print magazine.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to group subscriptions. Here is the plan.

Print Subscriptions
1 Year Canadian Print Subscription
1 Year US Print Subscription
2 Year Canadian Print Subscription
2 Year US Print Subscription
3 Year Canadian Print Subscription
3 Year US Print Subscription

Digital Subscription
1 Year Digital Subscription

Gift Subscription
1 Year Canadian Gift Print Subscription
1 Year US Print Gift Subscription
2 Year Canadian Gift Print Subscription
2 Year US Print Gift Subscription
3 Year Canadian Gift Print Subscription
3 Year US Print Gift Subscription

As you can see there is a whole pile of subscriptions. I would like to group them so Gift subscriptions are together. Do I just set it up so Gift Subscription is a free parent subscription and the children subscriptions are all upgrades?

Thanks so much for your help.

David J.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/21 16:49

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #126136 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Plan Advice for Print Magazine
As you've displayed it seams the best approach with Print Subscriptions being a parent plan and all it's subscriptions being child plans. Same as for your other plans.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #126137 by akasharkbow
Replied by akasharkbow on topic Re:Plan Advice for Print Magazine
Thanks for that. Is there a way that I can have the parent sub so it doesn't charge them? I don't want it to say free as it really isn't free, it's a parent subscription just to group things.

Thanks for your help.

David J.

14 years 1 month ago #126181 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Plan Advice for Print Magazine
Yes, set the price as free then for the Price display of plan (default: [AUTOMATIC]): parameter on the Presentation tab to empty or _UE_BLANK (if defined in language file). This will make it appear as just a category of sorts.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 4 weeks ago #127482 by akasharkbow
Replied by akasharkbow on topic SOLVED: Plan Advice for Print Magazine
Thats awesome. Thanks so much for your help.

David J.

12 years 3 months ago #188036 by akasharkbow
Replied by akasharkbow on topic Re: SOLVED: Plan Advice for Print Magazine
We're having a problem with the upgrade possibilities shown with this scenario.

If someone subscribes to the most expensive Print Subscription plan (3yrs), they are presented with "upgrade possibilities" of the 2-yr and 1-yr plans... presumably because they are subscribed to the "free" parent "Print subscription".

Is there a workaround here, or a better way to do this? It seems that the parent cannot effectively be used as a category, but is really another subscription.

Any advice appreciated!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn